K and the inter-'nuum transition point

i'm so glad ive stopped going to dubstep nights - its all been so boring this year

fwiw i love squat parties, but mostly for the atmosphere - buildings, cant really stand psytrance but will happily nod along to some acid tekno for a while

are these funky afterparty's (the grimey ones) being held in squats? if so i think it would be a dream come true = like that Love rave which was held in the self storage depot on waterden road the night before they shut it down and was beating garage all night to quite a dressy crowd. fucking great

tryptych

waiting for a time
What evidence is there that E is neurotoxic? There was that high-profile study done with apes or monkeys where they all got Parkinson's or Alzheimer's or something but then it was retracted after the researchers admitted they'd used methamphetamine by mistake. DURR!!!

The consensus among most researchers now, I would say, is that MDMA is neurotoxic - although what dosages and levels of exposure would make a functional, measurable difference in humans is anyone's guess. It's been extensively shown in rats, and to a lesser extent in primates.

Olney's lesions are basically a scare story though - they have never been shown in primates (as far as I know) and the dosages used to achieve them in rats are way beyond an anesthetic dose, so I doubt very much they occur in humans at recreational dosages.

Having said that, there's plenty of anecdotal stories of people who use K heavily and have altered behaviour. Whether this is permanent or what mechanisms it works by I have no idea...

Personally, when I used to do K, I always thought dubstep was very suited to the experience, swimming in waves of sound etc...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Having said that, there's plenty of anecdotal stories of people who use K heavily and have altered behaviour. Whether this is permanent or what mechanisms it works by I have no idea...

Yeah, that happened to a friend of mine, although I think the effects started to go away or at least lessen when she stopped using it.