Dissensus Dalston Drinks: Thursday 27th March - all welcome!

STN

sou'wester
None of the 'gone too far' signifiers in John's post are disastrously far, so if you spot one, just get off and walk back.

I would like to point out that I am as tall as john eden though no one seems to bloody notice this when taking the piss out off how tall he is, thanks very much.

STN

sou'wester
Yes! Though now I've been called out on it I feel maybe I'm an inch shorter; the rest is just bad posture.

STN

sou'wester
you mean there'll be real live girls? wow, mr eden you are spoiling us!

I think it unlikely that there will be many, though my (most recent and most favoured) ex has threatened an appearance but you can bloody leave her alone, you pack of beasts.

martin

----
you mean there'll be real live girls? wow, mr eden you are spoiling us!

The only time I went to one where a girl showed up she assaulted me on the nightbus afterwards - you're better off keeping it 'men only', so you can enjoy civilised conversations on the merits of Sizzla vs Shabba and the decline of The Beano.

Last edited:

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
If you get really nervous, just use another Dissensus user's name. Go through the member list and find someone who hasn't posted for a while. Then, if you bottle it, everyone will think that it's THAT person who's deeply social awkward, not you.
Don't give screen names at all and then try to guess who's who at the end.

I won't be in London for this, I'm afraid.

bassnation

the abyss
The only time I went to one where a girl showed up she assaulted me on the nightbus afterwards - you're better off keeping it 'men only', so you can enjoy civilised conversations on the merits of Sizzla vs Shabba and the decline of The Beano.

yeah i might have an encyclopedic knowledge of old skool hardcore in the nerdiest possible sense, but that cuts no ice at all in the strange world of shoes.

ah, my coat.

Pestario

tell your friends
If you get really nervous, just use another Dissensus user's name. Go through the member list and find someone who hasn't posted for a while. Then, if you bottle it, everyone will think that it's THAT person who's deeply social awkward, not you.

Good idea but I've already revealed I'm young looking so I'll have to wear a fake beard and talk about property prices to pull it off.

bassnation

the abyss
Good idea but I've already revealed I'm young looking so I'll have to wear a fake beard and talk about property prices to pull it off.

if you are short enough, you could take a mate, stand on his shoulders, wear a giant coat and then pretend to be john eden.

Pestario

tell your friends
^hehe

all this hype about John Eden's height has created quite a mental image in my head. If he's not 9 feet tall with laser beam eyes I'll be disappointed :(