what you currently enjoying ?

DannyL

Wild Horses
I am currently enjoying the first volume of Sun Ra's doo-wop LPs on Norton.

Not as radical as you might hope for (no outerspace freejazz doowop) but lots of beautiful vocals and really nice harmonies. Sufficiently different from what I normally listen to to make my ears perk up.

Finally "won" one of these on the 'Bay a few nights back as well:

muser

and fourtet album new is really nice

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

which suprised me because i rememeber listneing to four tet years ago and finding it a bit dull tbh

&

props to

looking to forwad to more stuff from that album been havng constant plays of that

Last edited:

grizzleb

Toro Y Moi album is one of my faves of this year so far. Sounds like Animal Collective produced by Thriller. Total boomkatbashing but it's immense.

Last edited:

connect_icut

Just got the new Fenn O'Berg LP in the mail. It's a trio of Fennesz, Jim O'Rourke and Pita. The results, this time around, are pretty dark and aggressive but it's really, really compelling stuff. Highest possible recommendation for people who like that sort of thing.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Loving Toro Y Moi too. That 80s synth soul side of things, all mooshed up and blurry, with the 60s pop vocals... I like. Some of the songs aren't too strong, but mostly pretty great.

'Blessa' in particular is awesome. Free (legit) download of a few tracks including that on boring old http://www.rcrdlbl.com ...

Also really enjoying Signer's latest a lot.

drilla

Autechre - Oversteps

24 bit wavs from bleep

"lush" as they say

also digging Toro Y Moi, just learned about him yesterday.

Went through a big farmers manual/pita/mego/gcttcatt/general magic/pxp phase a few weeks ago
then some stephen mallinder
then a few days of parmegiani
before that cluster/harmonia/solos
and organum before that

grizzleb

Few decent cluster bits I checked recently. Checked the new Autechre and it just sounds like 10-20 but with half the badassness and crazy ideas. Old hat, but I was never a huge fan. Quaristice was their best bit IMO.

The new 10-20 on the other hand is typically immense. Dunno how so many genres can be touched on, it sounds exactly like IDM used to, but at the same time just fresh as fuck and funky.

Also been listening to
Dave Behrman - Leapday Night - really nice melodic drone that isn't just a synth pad with some reverb over the top like so much.
Doesn't go out of its way to fill the frequency range unneccesarily too, makes use of space nicely.
Mark Pritchard on Deep Medi - Heavy As Stone sounds like I'd always wish British 'dance' did. Vocal could be shit but it makes it.
Andres - II (Mahogany Music) Best detroit house album in a number of years.
Der Plan - few albums of weird 80's German synthness. Pretty psych and daft and cool.
Stock, Hausen and Waterman - sampledelic type shit that touches on exotica and lounge.

Eagerly awaiting the new Jan Jelinek on faitiche.

massrock

The new / recent Motorpsycho record (Heavy Metal Fruit) is really really good. I like it a lot.

Last edited:
(dis)stress soother

Client Eastwood

(dis)stress soother

Nice one for posting some Cymande. I like this one for de-stressing. Dove.

muser

Really liking the Black Devil Disco Club ATM, still have have the feeling some of it is actually recent and its all a big trick by rephlex, probably will never know.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited:

nochexxx

harco pronting
Really liking the Black Devil Disco Club ATM, still have have the feeling some of it is actually recent and its all a big trick by rephlex, probably will never know.

there are Bernahrd Fevre records in existence which were released back in the mid 70's!