Obvious footwork is obvious.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MatthewH

makes strange noises.
YOU said most people's tastes are channeled in one direction - "black" or "white". please explain.

He didn't, I did.

Could there be anything less controversial than the idea that music - esp American music - is divided racially?

Many metal fans like rap and vice versa - most don't. It's something you learn your first shift working at any mainstream record store.

skweeelicious!

bass downstairs
He didn't, I did.

Could there be anything less controversial than the idea that music - esp American music - is divided racially?

Many metal fans like rap and vice versa - most don't. It's something you learn your first shift working at any mainstream record store.
yes but if you're going to talk about "most" and "mainstream" then breakcore and juke don't belong in the discussion.

an important point that i didn't mention is that the people i'm talking about aren't just music fans (in which case i wouldn't disagree with you too vehemently) but DJ's, producers, promoters, and label owners. people I'd expect to be more broad-minded and interested in developments in music.

stephenk

hey what song does elmoe sample for "whea yo ghost at"?

i heard it on this balearic mix...really nice whatever it is...

soul_pill

watcha make of this?

Not really feeling this. Have you heard Spice T? I prefer his take on 'industrial' sounding footwork...

I guess now might be the time to announce a tracklisting for the compilation - out december the 6th 2010:

VARIOUS ARTISTS - BANGS & WORKS VOL.1 (PLANET MU)

01 DJ ELMOE - WHEA YO GHOST AT, WHEA YO DEAD MAN (2:29)
02 DJ RASHAD - TEKNITIAN (2:43)
03 THA POPE - JUNGLE JUKE (1:59)
04 DJ RASHAD - ITZ NOT RITE (3:20)* *
05 DJ ROC - FUCK DAT (2:13)
06 RP BOO - TOTAL DARKNESS (3:56)
07 DJ SPINN - 2020 (3:01)
08 THA POPE - ALL THE THINGS (1:36)
09 DJ KILLA E - STAR WARS (2:00) (aka 'Conan Juke-Suicide Intro')
10 DJ ROC - ONE BLOOD (2:48)
11 RP BOO - ERASER (3:17)
12 DJ LIL ROME & DJ YUNG TELLEM - KILL DA CIRCLE (1:32)
13 DJ TROUBLE - BANGS & WORKS (3:00)
14 DJ TROUBLE - FUCK UM UP JUS BASICS (2:55)
15 DJ ELMOE - YO SHIT FUCKED UP (2:24)
16 DJ YUNG TELLEM - FREDDY VS JASON (2:40)
17 DJ TROUBLE - MOSH PIT (2:54)
18 TRAXMAN - COMPUTE FUNK (2:49)
19 DJ LIL ROME - I GO HARD (2:13)* *
20 DJ DIAMOND - READY MOTHER FUCKA (1:54) (aka 'Where Yo Works At')
21 DJ DIAMOND - FREAKAZOID (3:12)
22 DJ NATE - IMA DOG (2:54)
23 DJ CLENT - I LOVE YOU (3:48)
24 DJ NATE - HE AIN'T BOUT IT (2:28)
25 TRAXMAN - THE COMEBACK (2:34)*

Last edited:

soul_pill

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="musicplayer" name="musicplayer" swliveconnect="true" wmode="transparent" data="http://www.planet.mu/include/player.swf" height="382" width="382">

<param name="swLiveConnect" value="true">
<param name="wmode" value="transparent">
<param name="flashvars" value="no=ZIQ290"></object>

zhao

there are no accidents
was practicing, a mix of imitating the few youtubes i seen in this thread and my own "lurching dragon", and "praying mantis" styles, to Dub Gabriel and Donna Summer's sets last night. boy that shit is tiring as a MOTHERFUCKER i was sweating and catching my breath after like 30 seconds. but in these videos some of these kids freak for like 2 minutes like it ain't no thing damn

shaolinsoul

was practicing, a mix of imitating the few youtubes i seen in this thread and my own "lurching dragon", and "praying mantis" styles, to Dub Gabriel and Donna Summer's sets last night. boy that shit is tiring as a MOTHERFUCKER i was sweating and catching my breath after like 30 seconds. but in these videos some of these kids freak for like 2 minutes like it ain't no thing damn

Its funny watching all those you tube videos of the kids in the crowd not even vibing or looking even remotely interested in the music thats playing. I would like to imagine there are dark corners away from the camera where some guys are rolling spliffs and brocking out pretty damn hard....I know I would.

mms

sometimes
Its funny watching all those you tube videos of the kids in the crowd not even vibing or looking even remotely interested in the music thats playing. I would like to imagine there are dark corners away from the camera where some guys are rolling spliffs and brocking out pretty damn hard....I know I would.

uh?
the kids in the crowd are usually in on the circle aren't they?
its just a different shape to the room etc.

dave quam

yeah, there's plenty of brockin' out in those videos, kids going nuts, the only people that really just chill there are the girlfriends of dudes who got dragged along. Also no spliffs allowed inside you gotta go out back!