mms

sometimes
yeah its not like by releasing a few records this has an immediate and giant effect on the musical culture of a country but alot of people are talking about it - there was a piece in the wire about how juke was important an important injection for pushing things forward in uk dance music, and i've seen similar things discussed elsewhere too, as it's pretty boring out there right now, but people have to give time i think.

Last edited:

dave quam

"haven't heard any rumors on future b&w volumes. there has been talk of an rp boo lp coming on planet mu".

There have been talks about an RP Boo LP by like 10 different labels. When it happens I will believe it. Dude likes working with people he personally knows, and he has been very busy lately.

gumdrops

from that p4k review -

Bangs & Works will sound homogenous and alien on first listen

get what he means but when i got it i was struck by how much range there was...

Last edited:

dave quam

That review really wasn't as bad as I expected, some pretty dumb parts but not bad for Pitchfork.

I posted RP Boo's only Dance Mania appearance that wasn't a white label btw on my blog yesterday. Got a few mixes to put up as well.

BareBones

wheezy
^^ wicked, can't wait to listen to this

dave/neema/anyone - i'm sure this must've been asked before but are all the tracks on Dude off 59th Street that aren't actually labelled with the producer name (eg 'Off Da Flo' DJ Spinn) Rp Boo's own tunes? Some of them are so good - dark knights, heavy heat... love that 'those jeans' clent one too

dave quam

yes, only the ones labeled with someone elses name are non-RP tracks

Pretty much every track on that 2008 mixtape is RP, maybe even all of them but I'd have to listen again

dave quam

this one will make the "omg it's teh urban avant garde" crowd wet

dude played this shit last night at a battle, my jaw dropped

Ory

warp drive
what's the first track here?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oTYKIaO6aOk" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

it feels very hardcore, though more frankfurt (or even rotterdam) than london if you know what i mean. maybe that's just because i've been listening to a lot of PCP lately.

also like the vibe in this vid, more like a party than a battle.

Last edited:

Ory

warp drive
btw here's rashad's "reverb", the tune mr quam mentioned a page back, being dropped at a battle. starts at 8 mins or so.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LHW_3Pkxryk" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>