datwun

Yo, I'm in New York ATM for a few weeks and wanted to get the train down to Chicago for a few days. Does anyone know any good Footwork/Juke events coming up, or any good clubs which play this shit, or anywhere I can check listings. Thanks~

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
I guess not? I don't know actually.

Anyway. Have been watching the following video ten times or so in the last couple of days. I don't really like the word epic but it's the first one that comes up to me. Does anyone knows any of the tracks in this video? That first footworker is so good, he is King Charles I think? The guy with the blue shoes is ace as well.

zhao

there are no accidents
this new traxman ep is pure lulz.
sped up version of that Funky-ish "Mirrors" track??
basically only adding a snare???
that sabbath edit???? -- "has he lost his mind" for realz
lololol wut!

rrrivero

I think it's kind of silly but what the hell, Traxman's always been a bit off kilter and this is just a free EP

Spinn LP is showing promise though with the release right around the corner. September 2nd according to the soundcloud link

http://soundcloud.com/dj-spinn-1/rashad-spinn-she-turnt-up-12

http://soundcloud.com/dj-spinn-1/spinn-she-bad-snip

I just hope it has something equally massive on it as Welcome to the Chi from Rashad's LP or Footworkin on Air from Traxman's. Spinn keeps a pretty low profile between releases, but I trust he'll deliver nicely

Vic Serotonin

Hey all, I've been lurking on the forum for a while, so a post has been due I suppose.

I was wondering if anyone had an ID on the first track played by Rashad and Spinn on the Hyperdub Rinse show from the 12th of June? It comes in at about 1:00:14 and sounds absolutely gorgeous. I have a hunch it might be something upcoming off Spinn's LP, but thought I'd ask just on the off chance that it's already out.

rrrivero

oh, whilst on the topic of free EP's, LiL JaBBA has one up on his soundcloud that's actually good. I'm feeling OiL even though it deviates away from footwork and further into, uh, space. He's also got Steps and Raiders up for download now, don't think you could get them before, and Steps is brilliant. Actually they're both fucking brilliant /fanboy

Last edited:

Vic Serotonin

Oops, disregard my question above! My Spinn hunch was correct! It's DJ Manny & DJ Spinn's 'What You Need', sampling the Weeknd. Hopefully it'll be out on Spinn's Teklife Vol 2. Big up to rrrivero for that blog post on DJ Phil, which featured an even more juked out version of the same tune.

rrrivero

Cheers! Yeah I love that tune. He's got another great remix of 'Gone' titled I Got You 12 but the finished version isn't up on his soundcloud

Last edited:

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
just a quick shout on here, but, LONDON MASSIVE - we will be holding our 2nd ever 100% JUKE AND FOOTWORK TRACKS party at The Alibi in Dalston, East London, this Friday 31st August.

the bill's topped by juke chainsaw massacre-r Leatherface and Rag & Bone Records co-head Warlock, who will be doing an exclusive 160bpm set. all info here - http://bit.ly/WeBuyGoldLDN3

100% upfront and exclusive chicago and worldwide tracks + free entry all night. would be banging to see some of the dissensus mandem down for it :D

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
been a bit quiet on here recently...thought some of you might appreciate this acid-juke-ghetto-bounce mix from the elusive 'Boi-A-Gutz'

cold and futuristic mutant sylezzz

Last edited: