The "how I will be watching the election results" thread

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Don't know who's who - TV in one room, pooter in the other - must get a laptop before the next one. They've got Obama ahead by less than 1000 votes in Indiana with 100,000 counted.

That's a good sign for Obama - The results from the rural polls in Indiana are the first results to be tabulated

craner

Beast of Burden
Can only get C-Span and CNN (and Fox!) online, and my connection's too slow. So I'm stuck with the bloody Beeb.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Don't know who's who - TV in one room, pooter in the other - must get a laptop before the next one. They've got Obama ahead by less than 1000 votes in Indiana with 100,000 counted.

Ahh Carville has a southern accent.

Does anyone else think that Obama spokesman Bill Burton is awesome? I think he has some sort of future in politics beyond just campaign strategy.

nomadthethird

Question is: would the Carter and Clintonoids flock to an Obama administration? Well, he already has Brzezinski and Tony Lake, so, yes, it's very likely.

I heard early on a pundit (can't remember which) say that Obama's greatest strength as a candidate would be the cabinet he would put together.

My money right now is on Warren Buffet for Secretary of the Treasury. He's already endorsed Obama and Obama's hinted at it...

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
I heard early on a pundit (can't remember which) say that Obama's greatest strength as a candidate would be the cabinet he would put together.

My money right now is on Warren Buffet for Secretary of the Treasury. He's already endorsed Obama and Obama's hinted at it...

I don't think he will pick Buffet and Buffet does not want the job.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
so i can just google smilies?

this is me as a moonanite:

GCfrownsilver.gif

Good one for use in threads on 9/11, chemtrails, UFOs ect.:

tinfoil.gif

nomadthethird

I don't think he will pick Buffet and Buffet does not want the job.

He certainly doesn't *need* the job, but it wouldn't be the first time a mega gillionaire held a political appointment/office. The Rockefellers got way into it.

Who do you think he'll pick?

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
He certainly doesn't *need* the job, but it wouldn't be the first time a mega gillionaire held a political appointment/office. The Rockefellers got way into it.

Who do you think he'll pick?

No - he has said he would not do it. I don't know who he is going to pick. I know Volcker has been hanging out with him but he may be a too old for the job. There is a strong possibility Paulson will stay. Buffet has also suggested that Paulson should stay as well.

(watching out for Buffet's goldman sachs investment)

nomadthethird

No - he has said he would not do it. I don't know who he is going to pick. I know Volcker has been hanging out with him but he may be a too old for the job. There is a strong possibility Paulson will stay. Buffet has also suggested that Paulson should stay as well.

(watching out for Buffet's goldman sachs investment)

Huh, interesting. I was figuring Paulson would be a pretty convenient scapegoat and he'd be one of the first to go. The bailout is not going to do much to save mortgages and it's hard for people to care about abstract things like banks not collapsing until it hits home no pun intended...

crackerjack

CNN's number crunching is brilliant - McCain's ahead, but he;s winning counties by 5% that Bush won by 30%. The big Dem areas there still haven't come back

nomadthethird

CNN's number crunching is brilliant - McCain's ahead, but he;s winning counties by 5% that Bush won by 30%. The big Dem areas there still haven't come back

I love love their big map on the touch screen and watching the guy turn states blue with a tap of his finger.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Huh, interesting. I was figuring Paulson would be a pretty convenient scapegoat and he'd be one of the first to go. The bailout is not going to do much to save mortgages and it's hard for people to care about abstract things like banks not collapsing until it hits home no pun intended...
True.

I am not absolutely certain he will pick Paulson - I just know that he has been suggested.

Also yes the bailout really does nothing for homeowners. The banks are suggesting credit card debt forgiveness now as well and I think there will be a mortage cramdown or bailout type package next.