The "how I will be watching the election results" thread

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Joe Scarborough is saying right now that McCain would have to hold all the states that went red last time in order to have any chance.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
It's so weird, the Guardian's being really cautious but the BBC and NBC are totally landsliding it, I love plural media.

craner

Beast of Burden
Watch Richard Holbrooke scrabbling for the phone.

Seriously, though, good for the man. Let's hope he's as great as you all think is. I really hope he is.

I always talk from the Foreign Policy aspect in regards to US elections, as you may have noticed. Tough on the NWFP! Up the Iraqi Trade Unions!

scottdisco

rip this joint please
West Virginia.
blow me.

to answer the question, i will rustle up some Belgian bottles in a minute.

i had an incredibly tasty tuna/peppers sarnie earlier, but am now craving a torta or tacos or something.

i have a strange photograph of Pelosi's father.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The Lone Star State has just turned a suspicious cyanic hue according to the Grauniad website. :D

craner

Beast of Burden
Wicked! Welcome back Scottie! If any of you don't know Scottdisco, he's a long term man. He hasn't posted here since about 2005, but I'm glad he's returned tonight.

He's also a great food writer, but there's not an ounce of fat on him!

luka

Let's hope he's as great as you all think is. I really hope he is.

as usual oliver youve missed the point. no one is thinking about what kind of president he'll make... they're awaiting a sign from god.

bring on the age of aquarius.

nomadthethird

Mistersloane, it's weird, I'd expect NBC to be more conservative after that last couple of times!

but am now craving a torta or tacos or something.

mmm tortas are SO good, especially milanese tortas with chicken cutlet and that mexican mozzarella.

i like to make burritos where i pan fry the tortilla in olive oil to melt the cheese first.

luka

the wheel is turning, reality is being rewritten but people want confirmation.
some black bloke with an arab name as president is a pretty solid portent.
who care about his policies. its bigge than him.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
i'll have you know Ollie, in the interests of food journalism {sic}, i recently narrowly avoided getting arrested by federal agents in the Philadelphia counting house, and got badly mugged in Harlem.

i am of course with you on the FP prism, but from a US-centric POV, let's hope that Massachusetts, question 1, keeps the income tax.
various libertarians are gunning for it.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
oh and what nomadthesecond said about tortas and burritos, thank you nomadthesecond.

Clive Myrie, one of my favourite BBC1 guys. dunno why, just like his voice.

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm a libertarian and gunning for it ever since I've lived next door to Stockwell Gardens. Those mad fuckers want to kill me!

If I can buy a £2 bottle of wine from the grocers, I should be able to get a gun there too.

I notice Lukazade is channeling the spirit of Killah Priest via Barak Hussein via Jeremiah Wright.

Y'all sit tight now, I gotta go buy me sumer der dat more booze.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
the wheel is turning, reality is being rewritten but people want confirmation.
some black bloke with an arab name as president is a pretty solid portent.
who care about his policies. its bigge than him.

Well, mixed-race, to be pedantic. But yes, the whole 'bigger picture' aspect of this election cannot be overstated.

nomadthethird

Ha, Brit Hume (actually I'm not sure what his name is) on Fox only just conceded Pennsylvania in a solemn tone.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
So, quick reality check:

Just how wrecked are you right now?

I am beginning to relax into this.

Matt Frei doing it for me.

538 moving much faster now.

Liz Dole is fucked. She fucked herself, politically. Excellent.

Anyone see the pix of McCain on his balcony looking, well, like a sad, worn out old man? Poor fella...

BareBones

wheezy
this is a naive question, but just saw a clip on teevee of obama earlier in the day going to vote -- what is the deal with that? obviously he can't vote for himself.

PS shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt yeeeessssssssssssssssss