No Future for the GOP?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"erb" is a seasoning, Herb is a person's name.
I was thinking of using that contrast in my description.

But can you clear it up for me Leo - erb is the "correct" pronunciation, not one arising from laziness?

That's quite strange to me, are there other words where the UK and US spelling have stayed the same but the pronunciation has diverged too far to be accounted for by just the different accents?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"erb" is the way it's pronounced here, who knows if it's "correct".
Yeah I was trying to avoid using "correct" - I suppose that a better choice of word might have been 'habitual' or 'common' or some such. The thing is over the years we've talked many times about how there isn't really a correct when it comes to spelling - yet as long as two people are on the same page it can be a useful shorthand... only problem with a forum is that your words are seen by various people who can all be on separate pages and so I end up typing out all this malarkey at great length to make myself clear.

Annoying really cos I'm pretty sure that you (@Leo) and I understand each perfectly well and did from the start...

version

Apparently this bloke who's been donating to the GOP and supporting Clarence Thomas collects Nazi memorabilia.

... Crow's collection contains "two of [Hitler's] paintings of European cityscapes, a signed copy of 'Mein Kampf,' and assorted Nazi memorabilia—plus a garden full of statues of the 20th century's worst despots."

According to Crow, he collects such things because "he hates communism and fascism."

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Apparently this bloke who's been donating to the GOP and supporting Clarence Thomas collects Nazi memorabilia.

... Crow's collection contains "two of [Hitler's] paintings of European cityscapes, a signed copy of 'Mein Kampf,' and assorted Nazi memorabilia—plus a garden full of statues of the 20th century's worst despots."

According to Crow, he collects such things because "he hates communism and fascism."

DHX8sN9XUAIl6bB.jpg

Leo

prefer-gop-candidate-who.png

why-voting-trump-2.png

IdleRich

IdleRich
House Republicans seem to have realised that their base basically pay no attention to how they vote in The House, I'm wondering if a lot of maybe can't read or something, certainly they seem to have no fear whatsoever that anything they do will cost them even a single vote when it comes to elections. Bearing that in mind, if I were a Democrat able to bring motions for consideration I'd be tempted to see just how they will go.... Maybe something like if a member of the house murders a Jew or other ethnic minority in cold blood then they have to step down, see if any of them would break ranks to support that. If not, try something even more inarguable.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
House Republicans seem to have realised that their base basically pay no attention to how they vote in The House, I'm wondering if a lot of maybe can't read or something, certainly they seem to have no fear whatsoever that anything they do will cost them even a single vote when it comes to elections. Bearing that in mind, if I were a Democrat able to bring motions for consideration I'd be tempted to see just how they will go.... Maybe something like if a member of the house murders a Jew or other ethnic minority in cold blood then they have to step down, see if any of them would break ranks to support that. If not, try something even more inarguable.
On the contrary, I think they know a lot of their voters watch very carefully, and a majority of them are at this point so completely dedicated to the culture war that protecting Nazis in the army is fine as long as it triggers the libs.

Leo

Also a surprising number of Republicans still hope Trump will go away, be taken out by all the court cases, DeSantis, act of God, whatever. Same thing they did in 2020, wait for fate to deal its mighty blow. Didn't work out last time.