wonky

urbanite

subnoto
Is that the rougesfoam thing on wonky translated into Russian?

BOHKu

Yep... The strangest part of it all are the name of the blog and the introduction that he's written himself... Otherwise it's a blog by one of the Tyumen (Siberia), Ezhprom crew guys, Morroe...

Ezhprom are working loads with pixelord lately... an old timer IDM/Electronica guy, also known as Stud or Gultskra Artikler... he's doing some interesting wonky'ish type stuff lately under this new moniker.

http://soundcloud.com/pixelord

grizzleb

Zomby isn't as amazing a 'musician' as he or others would like to think. He's made some cracking tunes, but recently the bleep thing sounds SO tired. He's still not came near Zomby EP yet I think. And just as Ikonika sounds great with the funky beats, his are really weak which I wouldn't expect. His beat work is usually so on point...

benjybars

village elder.
Technically speaking though, you just described Wiley's Eski bits as well. Which is what I'm sure Zomby aims for with his 'rebuilding the same tune' shtick.

yeah a lot of Wiley tunes are really, really similar.

but, it does mean you know within 2 seconds that you're listening to a wiley tune..

IanTheM

Tame Horse
Zomby isn't as amazing a 'musician' as he or others would like to think. He's made some cracking tunes, but recently the bleep thing sounds SO tired. He's still not came near Zomby EP yet I think. And just as Ikonika sounds great with the funky beats, his are really weak which I wouldn't expect. His beat work is usually so on point...

I'm gonna go ahead and be the biggest Zomby stan here and ask, which tracks are we talking about now? I can understand how people can rag on the last EP, but all the unreleased stuff and remixes that are slipping through the cracks sound way better then half the tracks on the first EP.

grizzleb

I'm gonna go ahead and be the biggest Zomby stan here and ask, which tracks are we talking about now? I can understand how people can rag on the last EP, but all the unreleased stuff and remixes that are slipping through the cracks sound way better then half the tracks on the first EP.

Little Miss Naughty, the other ones on the Martyn mix. The wiley ripoff ones are cool but basic and pretty meh. Wouldn't really blow my sack over them. Not that original either. The unfinished Actress collabs sound pretty meandering too. His new remix of Martyn.

Send me his better new ones then. I don't follow it enough and they get taken off youtube pretty rapid.

stephenk

i like digital flora/digital fauna a lot; not overly bleepy and move along a lot better, the latter is pretty much techno
also tarantula

grizzleb

Tarantula is another one I forgot to mention in my previous list. Bass noise is crap. Drums too. Bleepy melody.

Sorry.

nochexxx

harco pronting
not sure if it's been mentioned yet but what do people make of vellodrome? that's my favourite unreleased zomby track by a mile.

IanTheM

Tame Horse
that track sounds lovely i think sparse and twinkling, no bad mixdowns there.

it's a great tune, just the clash in the lower mids of the bass and the tombs is the kind of thing a minimal techno producer obsessed with sonics would never do, but then the fact that he cares about the tune more is what makes him great.

mms

sometimes
it's a great tune, just the clash in the lower mids of the bass and the tombs is the kind of thing a minimal techno producer obsessed with sonics would never do, but then the fact that he cares about the tune more is what makes him great.

sure, he doesn't produce minimal techno though.

stephenk

yeah, more than pretty much anything right now, except maybe the new the-dream
samples are sounding great