The press release hall of shame thread

alex

Do not read this.
We live in a world where our artists are either one thing, or the other. New Rave, New Soul, Indie, Urban, Rockabilly, Electro… Pop. There seem to be but a few who manage to blur these lines with ease.
Enter Super Luckies with their artfully crafted and danceable debut single ‘Taking The Michael’ a savvy, accessible blend of styles that scream of a misspent musical youth growing up in the 80’s.

With two fingers up to the incongruous political classes, and two more pointed at the apathy that bolsters them, ‘Taking The Michael’ is an ever-poignant and acerbic piece of social comment, floating elegantly over a delicious mixture of styles and melodies.

Having been called a cross between Madness and Jamie T, and being likened to a modern equivalent of Squeeze and Ian Dury and The Blockheads, Super Luckies have been produced by Laurie Latham out of Trevor Horn’s SARM STUDIO in Portobello, which is also the home of STIFF RECORDS, the label to which The Blockheads (and scores of other great British Artists) were signed. Latham, producer of Ian Dury and the Blockheads, Squeeze and many others has produced three tracks with Super Luckies including ‘Taking The Michael’.

A dynamic and versatile six-piece band, Super Luckies continue to wow London’s gig goers with frontman Steve Payne’s Soulful Vocals, Dub bass lines, Blues Guitars, Jazz Piano, Mariachi Horns and Solid Solid Beats. Super Luckies are making musicianship cool again!

Nice, so glad i recieved this while i was out with my mates, a right laugh.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Nice, so glad i recieved this while i was out with my mates, a right laugh.

I love that the author has obviously seen the word 'incongruous' somewhere and thought "That's a nice word, I'll use than in a press release!" without really knowing what it means.

Last edited:

PeteUM

It's all grist
I love that author has obviously seen the word 'incongruous' somewhere and thought "That's a nice word, I'll use than in a press release!" without really knowing what it means.

It's pretty meta. Incongruous use of the word incongruous. I might start doing that actually.

ramadanman

"...When a song means a lot to you personally, having it remixed is a lot like sending your child to undergo plastic surgery. In this case, though, it was like having the operation performed by doctors you respect as musicians"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"...When a song means a lot to you personally, having it remixed is a lot like sending your child to undergo plastic surgery. In this case, though, it was like having the operation performed by doctors you respect as musicians"

Oh my god, that is just terrible. "Doctors you respect as musicians", wtf?

Last edited:

bobbin

What

fuuuck
big up the press release hall of shame thread

KifNKin

Rolling Stone Premieres Exclusive Backstage Footage of Owl City and Talks to Adam about Sky Sailing!

I always wondered what that French formal/informal tone thing had going for it, but I despise the way this headline puts me on first name terms with that soppy little pus-pocked nanny's boy.

STAY OUT OF MY HOUSE

tyranny

Ha ha, actually came on here specifically to post that!

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

Ha ha! That's brilliant. If not only in the way it sets out as some kind of unlikely and absurd metaphor and then ends -pow! - in gruesome literalism.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Going to the dentist is like having your mouth probed by aliens in the bowels of some groaning, labyrinthine spaceship. In this case though, it's like you paid the aliens to do it and they are on a first name basis with your mum.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
When I say ***** you say jump up!” Whether they’re headlining the party or just all up in the massive, the ***** Jump Up boys do not stand on the sidelines waiting to be called on. Team work and continuous improvement able them to stay competitive and progress as a group in today’s active and ever changing drum and bass society. Recently, they have redefined drum and bass by establishing a collaborate show, which is being presented to stimulate the mind through a visual and audio performance.

Individually, each stays busy with their own drum and bass projects. DJ ****, co-founder of the group, keeps his main focus on the production side of things with releases on multiple different labels. **** runs his label ****** Records, while holding a very busy dj schedule. ***** MC stays on the condenser in the studio, while pumping out a steady flow of studio sets with various dj’s and mc’s. MC **** holds down the NYC scene being the lead “go to” MC for most drum and bass dj’s, while also spending time in the studio on production.

With a lot to offer from audio production, deep lyrical content, and live dj and mc performances, there’s no telling what will come next from this highly skilled group of artists. Watch out!.

and..

**** could quite possibly be one the most intense artists you could ever encounter.

**** is out and about "Hypeing" up clubs in New York and abroad! Be sure catch to him, if you can! Also known as the “Hypeologist” **** is crafting an undeniable reputation with the ladies throughout the east coast as well as vocally seducing the Drum n Bass lovers across the US.

His intelligent, cutting edge rhyme style has captivated everyone and his hypeness can help you achieve one of the most escalating explosive drum n bass experiences that will surely have you eagerly demanding for more!

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Going to the dentist is like having your mouth probed by aliens in the bowels of some groaning, labyrinthine spaceship. In this case though, it's like you paid the aliens to do it and they are on a first name basis with your mum.

Cleaning the oven is normally like catching your uncle in bed with your mum, but in this case your uncle has some fantastic cleaning products that will make everything easier.

Watching me play tennis is usually like watching a lion savage a gazelle, but in this case the gazelle is Andre Agassi!

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Cleaning the oven is normally like catching your uncle in bed with your mum, but in this case your uncle has some fantastic cleaning products that will make everything easier.

Watching me play tennis is usually like watching a lion savage a gazelle, but in this case the gazelle is Andre Agassi!

Really deserves its own thread doesn't it?