Rolling Radio Show Thread

gabriel

The Heatwave
On Rinse now until 3am >>> new bashment plus exclusive funky bashment remixes from DJ Shredah and Sticky in the Heatwave time machine...

Benny Bunter

Mad one & Jewelzy on live fm right now, killing it. I think it must be Devine recordings that behind that Thriller tune, they just played an MC version of it. I'll post it up tomorrow if anyones interested. Big tune!

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
on a different tack to most of these suggestions, next Friday / Saturday is the 4th anniversary of Mark Lamarr's God's Jukebox show on Radio 2.

Whatever you think of Lamarr (a lot of people think he's a bellend, I like the guy but don't think TV works for him), the show really is something special. He has an absolutely encyclopaedic brain / record collection and he very rarely repeats himself (5,500 plus individual tracks so far, apparently). Pretty much every show features soul, blues, hip hop, reggae, gospel, garage, ska, funk, latin and country.

I honestly think this show has directed my musical tastes more in the last 4 years than Peel did in the 20 years or so I listened to him.

So next week's show is a self-selected best of, I reckon it'll rule...

gabriel

The Heatwave
Doing an English dancehall/bashment special on RInse tonight cos it was St George's Day on Friday...

>>> new showtime every Sunday night 1-3am