It's The Ashes!

hucks

Your Message Here
Yeah, normally I'm on KP's side when he gets out on 98 caught sweeping but in all fairness..

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
this is looking really ominous now....
can KP bowl or is he carrying that injury? the main england spinners are really not on it...

S

simon silverdollar

anderson comes good! sounds like the new ball is swinging and freddie's being brutal...if clarke or ponting goes soon things are going to get exciting!

crackerjack

anderson comes good! sounds like the new ball is swinging and freddie's being brutal...if clarke or ponting goes soon things are going to get exciting!

ponting gone, so bring on the brutality. ii predict a first innings lead of 26 for England (OK, I'm still a bit drunk from last night)

don_quixote

Trent End
ok ive given up on england. well played australia. well done on retaining the ashes.

despair has a habit of still turning into hope this series

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
17-2 and this is physically painful now...
it's a bit disappointing to see so much criticism instantly being hurled at strauss' captaincy, what was he supposed to do? none of his bowlers turned up?!

hope rashid gets a chance in the next test, panesar looked fairly inert and unthreatening to me and he's let through about 50 runs in misfields...

crackerjack

I know we're not following this any more but ohmyfuckinggod

did you write this when KP left a straight ball on his off stump? When Strauss almost did the same, or when he slashed and top-edged a long hop? Or when Prior tried cutting a ball that span a yard back into his ribs?

OI almost posted so many times this morning about how sensationally shit our batting was, until i remembered i wasn't really watching :slanted:

Shame Colly and Swann couldn't quite hold out, they had me believing for a few overs there. You don't even entertain the possibility with Monty in...

crackerjack

I think it underlines one thing - there are 2 very mediocre bowling sides in this series.

that said, big up Colly and the tail - fabulous stuff

jenks

thread death
No, the time wasting was a bit daft but the Australians are playing with a guy who quite clearly slings/chucks the ball.

plus points for England:
the tail wagging massively twice - a new feeling for us.
Collingwood really coming into his own
Flintoff spending some time at the crease - thise thirties will turn into half and full centuries, i feel.
when the pressure came the australian bowlers choked and Ponting's much vaunted cptaincy looked stale and unadventurous

negatives for England:
KP - two stupid decisions from him in both innings
our bowlers - do they really look like taking 20 wickets?
no-one scoring a ton while 4 australians managed, rather easily.

I'm hoping this is a turning point - got out of gaol and now time to knuckel down, re-assess. I truly believe this result hurts the australians almost as much as a loss.

Thursday will be interesting - i hope that Harmison isn't there, though