It's The Ashes!

viktorvaughn

i doubt flintoff will make m/any more test 100s ever to be honest.

the one big problem is our bowlers lacking penetration. they are all decent and can be great on their days but if it isn't swinging then Anderson won't be that great, Flintoff doesn't really take that many wickets anyway, Broad can get knocked around though he seems to be getting better - where is the big bad strike bowler? Saying that I don't think Harmison should come back - he'd bowl well for about an hour and then disappoint like he always has done, i reckon

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
cast another shadow on Strauss's judgement, that.

i thought he did well over the course of the game. fair enough, none of his plans particularly came off but the main problem with that was executing the plans properly, bowling to the field settings, basic stuff like that - not his own judgement. none of his bowlers can ball 6 good balls in a row at the moment (let alone wicket-taking balls), so it's hard to build any actual pressure.

personally i thought Ponting missed the biggest captaincy trick of the match by persevering with slow bowling for the final overs, especially North - he could've had Johnson bowling yorkers at Monty..

crackerjack

personally i thought Ponting missed the biggest captaincy trick of the match by persevering with slow bowling for the final overs, especially North - he could've had Johnson bowling yorkers at Monty..

Johnson looked more likely to bowl yorkers at the square leg umpire than the stumps. Siddle enjoyed his brief spell as Larwood, but got carried away with it. What happened to Hilfenhaus yesterday?

It's either Harmison or Onions for Lords instead of Monty (or both if you drop Broad, though I think he'll get another go at least). Is the pitch a bouncer or a seamer?

crackerjack

Cook is enjoying himself against Johnson, turning into a back-foot slogger.

This series is gonna boil down to a question of which attack is less toothless and whose batsmen give up their wickets more cheaply (as Strauss v nearly did there).

hucks

Your Message Here
Cook is enjoying himself against Johnson, turning into a back-foot slogger.

This series is gonna boil down to a question of which attack is less toothless and whose batsmen give up their wickets more cheaply (as Strauss v nearly did there).

Which is not especially exciting. Do the pitches get any more dangerous later in the series? And why are they so important now? Just because the bowlers aren't up to it, I suppose...

crackerjack

see no prospect of a result here

bbc predicting one day of heavy rain and two of drizzle

for my money, england's bowlers are more likely to have that really good day, but our batsman are more likely to crack en masse

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
yeah it's very much the warnebotham show innit, turn off sky commentary and listen to TMS?
hauritz dislocated finger looked seriously painful...

viktorvaughn

'He cuts that one past a diving Hussey to the boundary'

haha

awesome batting at the minute, though I'm not sure how we are going to take 20 wickets..

crackerjack

and they'r looking fucked, at least he ws only going for 3 an over (tho it's his own fault for droppin a doozy). however crap england were on fri/sat last week, aus are now looking worse, esp in the field

hucks

Your Message Here
and they'r looking fucked, at least he ws only going for 3 an over (tho it's his own fault for droppin a doozy). however crap england were on fri/sat last week, aus are now looking worse, esp in the field

A truly remarkable thing...