It's The Ashes!

crackerjack

Flintoff has been bowling since the start of the day, and it's now 12.27. He may bowl himself to death here, but it's some way to go.

hucks

Your Message Here
Lovely final delivery, all the same. That's a really impressive performance from England, wrapping it up in a session. At the start of the test, I nearly posted saying that I could not believe Flintoff was playing, given the concerns over his fitness. Just as well I didn't really, 'cos that would have made me look proper stupid.

crackerjack

Lovely final delivery, all the same. That's a really impressive performance from England, wrapping it up in a session. At the start of the test, I nearly posted saying that I could not believe Flintoff was playing, given the concerns over his fitness. Just as well I didn't really, 'cos that would have made me look proper stupid.

Fred's worth a place for scare value alone. All you need him for is the run up, you can get someone else to bowl the thing, as long as Fred does the glare afterwards.

That was a pretty fucking awesome performance this morning. Strauss did well to bring Swann on too. Broad is a bit nerve-wracking when you're defending a lead.

jenks

thread death
I didn't think we were capable of twenty wickets, so shows what I know.

Broad's catch turned the match and we were lucky with some bad umpire decisions but that is that second thumping the australians have taken (make no mistake only getting adraw in the first test was as bad as a loss)

LOvely to see Freddie really living up to the hype, strauss finding his form again and the tail wagging.

and we break the Lord's hoodooo!

Now for Pietersen to get fit and remember he is playing 5 day cricket not 20/20.

two tests in and we're 1-0 up, who would have thought?

crackerjack

KP out for the series.

Does that mean Bell, or will the selectors finally give in to Key's many advocates? Or can it be both, with Bopara plainly out of his depth at 3?

viktorvaughn

KP out for the series.

Does that mean Bell, or will the selectors finally give in to Key's many advocates? Or can it be both, with Bopara plainly out of his depth at 3?

Nah they won't go with Key imo.

Bell will come in at 3 and Bopara will be bumped down the order (which is what he needs) to 4. I think Bopara would be best to bat at 5 to try and get some runs.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
oh well. poor ole kp :slanted:
where will bell bat? 3? 4? 5? where's owais shah?! surely he's better than key?!

viktorvaughn

oh well. poor ole kp :slanted:
where will bell bat? 3? 4? 5? where's owais shah?! surely he's better than key?!

They will want to move Bopara down anyway and as Bell is used to batting at 3 that will work out ok. I think Shah has had his chance and blown it tbh.

Just seen on the news that KP has test average of 47 upped to 50 vs Australia - is that true? If so those are mighty impressive figures.

While it will be a blow to lose him for the rest of the series, at least England know they are capable of beating this Aus side without him, after all he's not exactly been integral to the two results thus far (how much of that is down to form and how much injury who knows)

That said, I'm not sure I fancy a middle order of Bell and Bopara - talk about flaky.

Oh I do love The Ashes - in fact almost as much as I hate sky :mad:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
He's obviously screwing the Australians so he's okay by me, but (from the picture on the Guardian) that Onions guy looks like Ruud van Nistelrooy taking a part in Deliverance.

it's a good look.

S

simon silverdollar

an australian batting collapse!

how nice it is to type those words.