hardcore classics

continuum

smugpolice
Can anyone ID the first track on this?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mixed_biscuits

All the best,

Miss Marple

Last edited:

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
Thanks for the help wascal. Can anyone confirm if it's the DJ Blatant track???

I'm being told that it's actually 'Blatants Theme (Low End Mix)' from the same EP that Wascal mentioned.

This YT clip which purports to be said track is (apparently) incorrectly labelled, and is really 'Frustration' from the flip -- in case you googled the name, listened to the top result and, subsequently, became even more confused.

All a bit perplexing, really, but at least the general consensus seems to be that it's definitely by DJ Blatant, and almost certainly from that EP.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I'd been aware of this tune for a while, but it only clicked with recently just how good it is -
D'Cruze - I Believe (92 Revamp):

Also, a question, which is maybe an obvious one - when did it become the norm to have MCs hosting at raves and club nights playing rave-like music? Did it develop as a part of things becoming more hardcore around 90-91, or does it date back to the 80s and the acid house scene? All the rave tapes I've heard from 91 onwards have nutty MCs on them as standard, but I'm unclear as to exactly when it started.

continuum

smugpolice
I'm being told that it's actually 'Blatants Theme (Low End Mix)' from the same EP that Wascal mentioned.

This YT clip which purports to be said track is (apparently) incorrectly labelled, and is really 'Frustration' from the flip -- in case you googled the name, listened to the top result and, subsequently, became even more confused.

All a bit perplexing, really, but at least the general consensus seems to be that it's definitely by DJ Blatant, and almost certainly from that EP.

Thanks for the help allegiant!

allegiant

Evenly Distributed

Right, thanks to a very accommodating and knowledgeable soul from another forum, I have it on good authority that the audio clips on the Energy Flash site are, at present time of posting, from the wrong volume. They're from 'The Blatant EP Vol II' and not from the original, hence why none of them sound like the right track.

HTFR, of whom I'm not a fan, also have some audio of the correct volume, but are indicating (possibly unreliably) that the tune in question is actually entitled 'Frustration' - which helps to throw a small confusion-laden spanner in the works.

Regardless, the bottom line is that the track from the YouTube clip that continuum posted is definitely from this EP, and is seemingly either 'Frustration' or the 'Low End Mix' of Blatants Theme.

craner

Beast of Burden
Ha ha! Yeeess! This'll take you back! (If you're older than 30.)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

craner

Beast of Burden
One of my favorite pieces of music, full stop:

craner

Beast of Burden
Actually, there was a faster remix being played late 92 that was even better. Can't be bothered to find it though. Anyway, more Manix!

That one is so good. Still got the vinyl! Though it's dusty now.

craner

Beast of Burden
Ah, and this one:

So, so beautiful!

craner

Beast of Burden

craner

Beast of Burden