House 09!

psherburne

At least he found something else to go on about than ke-razy late-night drug-induced paranoia (see http://www.discogs.com/Jamie-Jones-911/release/1419993, http://www.discogs.com/Jamie-Jones-Panic/master/15232 and http://www.discogs.com/Jamie-Jones-Still-Here-EP/release/1143586).

But no, I don't much care for "Summertime" myself, either. Can't put my finger on it but it feels somehow really programmatic, as though it were geared to people who needed a big hook singing "Summertime!" to remind themselves that they were, in fact, partying in summer.

Krasner

House producer of the year? For me its unquestionably Levon Vincent.

I've seen a fair few outstanding DJs too this year. Prosumer & Sven Weissman are probably my favourites but considering they play 80% old stuff i'm not sure they count as House 09.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Heard good things about Prosumer, I have a set downloaded so I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks for the wbeeza set. Didn't see him at FR unfortunately. Can't wait for FR 2010...

@psherburne would be interested to see your list of the noughties (if such a thing exists).

Krasner

Heard good things about Prosumer, I have a set downloaded so I'll give it a whirl.

A couplde of my favourite prosumer sets:

The Sud Electronic Birthday set is amazing. Mostly classic/old house, totally banging from start to finish.

This one is a bit different. More slow and considered with a very precise and controlled feel to it. There's an extended mix of Lil Silva's Puls vs Flex into Original Video Crash by Lil Louis which is totally awesome.

pipecock

watch out
Oh god, I can't even imagine putting something like that together, certainly not for singles. My 2009 best-of was hard enough!

I found it really easy to do a list for the 00s. My record bag and general listening habits made that pretty much a no brainer. Year end lists can be more tough simply because I haven't had enough time for the best records to make themselves obvious for the latter half of the year.

pipecock

watch out
Todd's asking us for 50 for RA. Fancy copying my entry and doubling up my vote?

You collusionary motherfuckers shouldn't do this on a public forum ;)

I think I ended up giving even more than 50, maybe 75? I even left some of the more egregiously irrelevent choices (mainstream hiphip, he couple rock tracks) off and tried to keep artists to being represented only once or twice.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
House producer of the year? For me its unquestionably Levon Vincent.

I don't know much about house at all (apart from UKF), but I picked up his latest EP recently and really like it. Anyone got any tips for similar stuff?

Krasner

I don't know much about house at all (apart from UKF), but I picked up his latest EP recently and really like it. Anyone got any tips for similar stuff?

Did you get Double Jointed Sexfreak? Such a tune. If can still get copy you should try and pick up six figures. It has a really grimy sounding string riff and mixes great with funky. He's also a great DJ, check his RA podcast

As for similar stuff as Vimothy said the check the other Under Quality artists, especially DJ Qu, Fred P/Black Jazz Consortium & Jus-Ed. Omar-S also has a similarly raw house vibe too.

PS You can get all the old RA podcasts here.

jackmaster

time, space, transmat
Levon is looking at repressing Six Figures early next year.

Paolo - We are now the world exclusive distributor for both his labels and the aforementioned Underground Quality, so you don't have to look far.

Richard Carnage

Paolo - We are now the world exclusive distributor for both his labels and the aforementioned Underground Quality, so you don't have to look far.

Jack - let him know that the pressing was fucking quiet first time around. Get it sorted! :D

mms

sometimes

i saw levon vincent playing the other day at the sud electric party, it seemed a bit dry after seeing matias aguayo do his fun thing earlier on in the evening.

i like this track reggie dokes - mother africa alot

http://rushhour.nl/store_detailed.php?item=52982