House 09!

mms

sometimes
loving the Chicago Pimps. and B-side "I Wear the Mask" sounds POSITIVELY Funky does it not?!?!

yeah a few of his tracks cross nicely with funky, mother africa, which just came out does really nicely. I'm getting a bit more excited about house / techno from chicago and detroit again, there seems to be some good things coming out of those cities after not much exciting stuff.

zhao

there are no accidents
a lotta names i wanna mention but for now: kassem mosse.

the 2 songs on the other side of this may actually be even better...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

part detroit part new school floating points... so ill.

by contrast stuff like PANTHA Du Prince who we thought was great last year is already aging very badly for me. the flimsy berlin digi mnml pling plong plastic cheap all sound same.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
a lotta names i wanna mention but for now: kassem mosse.

the 2 songs on the other side of this may actually be even better...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

part detroit part new school floating points... so ill.

by contrast stuff like PANTHA Du Prince who we thought was great last year is already aging very badly for me. the flimsy berlin digi mnml pling plong plastic cheap all sound same.

pantha du prince i like but it's very classic amazingly made listening techno, the opposite is true of aging badly for me in that formally it could have come out in the early 90's if it weren't for the sound quality.

hint

party record with a siren
RivaStarr feat Trim

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
RivaStarr feat Trim

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Who wants odds on that being number one then? What a FUCKING great tune.

straight

wings cru
yeah kassem mosse is one of the best producers out there at the minute. If you are liking that raw sound check out levon vincent, some of the best deep house out there that is at times as chilly and bleak as pan sonic but relentlessly groovy. His recent mike dehnert mix is fantastic

stephenk

^that's a good watch
i've tried to watch a bunch of those and most are pretty dull,
morgan geist and dj harvey i can recommend though

alex

Do not read this.
dont know if someone (or the OP) would like to rename this thread?

Saw Frankie Knuckles play a 2hr set @ Matter on saturday night, really enjoyed it, and I mean immensely. The crowd in their was a little pretentious, however seemed to be there for the music if not much else, although undoubtedly you get the usual fuckheads, but they were in a small amount.

He started off with this remix/VIP of ‘sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air!’which was instrumental and began into a complete breakdown of the original score and into a completely different tune, which was, in a word, euphoric. He proceeded to blend into lot’s of old school house vocals, and even came with some brand new remixes of the originals. A fucking brilliant set, 10/10, and I got in for free aswell which made it that much better, shapeshifters were fucking POOR as after though, as soon as I heard a La Roux remix I dusted...

hint

party record with a siren
He started off with this remix/VIP of ‘sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air!’which was instrumental and began into a complete breakdown of the original score and into a completely different tune, which was, in a word, euphoric.

The original / instrumental is a Frankie Knuckles tune

mms

sometimes
enjoying this:

slow and lovely edit.

looking for the ep this is off - if anyone has it and wants to sell it to me please do