Favourite Music Theft Blogs

Client Eastwood

Peepz collecting out of print material and making it available to a wider audience is a good thing. What I dont do is download material for free that is commercially available cos I want to support.

Home taping didnt kill music and nor will the internet but I do think if someone puts out some music for sale then they shouldnt be ripped of. Esp the sort of music we talk about on here.

zhao

there are no accidents
Monty%2520python%27s%2520Mr_Creosote_WEB.jpg

yes i have let myself go a bit recently...

martin

----
Is he still doing that?

Ha ha, yes - the "stingy cunt!" upset the readership of Sickness Abounds recently by forcing the deletion of 5 upload links. Only for someone to announce they were going to post them up again, and providing another link...

Hassling file-sharers is the new whipping the chambermaid.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Two of my faves. Noth interesting to me because they are both about (the first one more so) about the process of collecting records and discoveries brought about by chance and random dgging.:

http://crudcrud.blogspot.com/

http://devildick.blogspot.com/

As for the debate, well, the world has changed and you can't put the genie back in the bottle. The industry totally recognises this and is busy constructing lots of new models. It may well be pointless to store up loads of files you won't listen to, but it's not morally wrong. Just a bit greedy and OCD.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Not putting myself on the moral highground either. I normally buy second-hand so there's fuck all chance of the money getting back to the artists. I am making several eBay dealers rich though.

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
Ha ha, yes - the "stingy cunt!" upset the readership of Sickness Abounds recently by forcing the deletion of 5 upload links. Only for someone to announce they were going to post them up again, and providing another link...

Hassling file-sharers is the new whipping the chambermaid.

It would seem so, you'd think he had better things to do now Whitehouse are finished but in a way I can see his point. An artist I know has just packed up his studio because he can no longer afford it, he was saying that if everyone who'd downloaded his collected works (10 albums) from Pirate Bay had paid "something" he could have made the rent and continued. We talked about wether they would have paid anyway etc, kinda made me sad for him but the struggle goes on :)

martin

----
It would seem so, you'd think he had better things to do now Whitehouse are finished but in a way I can see his point. An artist I know has just packed up his studio because he can no longer afford it, he was saying that if everyone who'd downloaded his collected works (10 albums) from Pirate Bay had paid "something" he could have made the rent and continued. We talked about wether they would have paid anyway etc, kinda made me sad for him but the struggle goes on :)

Oh yeah, I'm not saying there's no justification for musicians getting fed up with it, and I don't see anything wrong with people making bags of cash out of something they've bothered to do - I'm just more amused by this particular individual. Wonder if he wears his leather coat and shades while he's hacking away at the keyboard.

Isn't 'file sharing' a bit of a misnomer anyway, as it's usually 100 people putting up for every 10,000 downloading.

Last edited:

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
Oh yeah, I'm not saying there's no justification for musicians getting fed up with it, and I don't see anything wrong with people making bags of cash out of something they've bothered to do - I'm just more amused by this particular individual.

Isn't 'file sharing' a bit of a misnomer anyway, as it's usually 100 people putting up for every 10,000 downloading.

William does seem to go the whole hog :) That stuff will eat you up if you allow it to. Maybe we should do a Dissensus ebay special for him, one false release a day for a month - he'd explode.

I really don't know what the ratios are for up/downs, this is just the first person I've met that's kinda given up because of it, I think Stewart Lee also said as much about his last DVD.