Favourite Music Theft Blogs

zhao

there are no accidents
since the mods seem to be in lighter moods these days... it's not terribly complicated anyway.

paste following into google:

name of artist and/or album and/or song "rapidshare.com/files"|"megaupload.com/?d"|"badongo.com/file/"|"4filehosting.com/file"|"mediafire.com/?"|"files.filefront.com"|"sendspace.com/file/"|"zshare.net/download"

john eden

male pale and stale
Real badmen know about getting their collar felt for nicking albums from HMV in Oxford Street.

None of this internet business - where's the adrenaline rush from that?

Maybe I haven't got 60 million gigabytes of mp3s on my hard drive, but I am banned for life from all branches of a national shop.

Which in turn gives me quite a frisson every time I go in there.

Fucking lightweights, the lot of you.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Real badmen know about getting their collar felt for nicking albums from HMV in Oxford Street.

Don't ever try lifting 'The White Album' though; three (yes 3!) mates of mine at different times in different places got picked up during the process of, erm, acquiring that one. McCartney done put a hex on it.

Benny Bunter

None of this internet business - where's the adrenaline rush from that?

Maybe I haven't got 60 million gigabytes of mp3s on my hard drive, but I am banned for life from all branches of a national shop.

Which in turn gives me quite a frisson every time I go in there.

Fucking lightweights, the lot of you.

I pinched a kool keith cd from HMV once but I never got my collar felt :eek:

I've heard about Zhao's method of nicking files before. I know what you're saying but its just so tempting for someone who's not got much of an income. I can't justify it but I console myself with the fact that nearly all my spare cash gets spent on music in some shape or form. And I try not to be greedy...

zhao

there are no accidents
Real badmen.
Fucking lightweights.

hahahaha oh eden... if you only knew 1/10th of my pre-internet thievery...

Steve Lacy Scratching the 70s box set - retail $149.00 USD -- acquired for $5.99 by changing the price tag at Amoeba Hollywood.

similar method used for countless rare collectors items not available at places where straight nicking was impossible.

in other places the ol' 5 finger discount gave me thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of titles over the years. from indie shops like Aaron's on Highland Blvd. (for which i do feel a pinch of guilt, but easily dismissed compared to the relentless, unquenchable thirst) to the Virgin Megastore -- none was safe from my stealth, cunning, and audacity.

banned from more record shops than you probably have bought records from. spent 3 days in the Twin Towers of LA County, the high security prison which Mike Davis went on and on about in City of Quartz -- the only time getting caught for more than $300 worth of merchandise -- greed got the better of me that day, went in and out of Tower Records in Westwood 1 time too many (a total of 5):

l

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
Ill always buy music and if icant afford it ill wait till I can.

I will always buy, beg for, borrow, steal, trade, download, dig in dusty neglected shelves of libraries for, record off the radio, record off youtube, digitize old cassettes for music whether i can or can not afford the money or time.

and anyone who thinks they occupy a superior moral position because they don't download can go suck their mum.

tyranny

Surely anyone thinking they don't occupy an inferior moral position because they unrepentantly steal is in the wrong?

I've downloaded more than a few things for free that I later deleted, and plenty more i didn't delete, some of which I've gone and bought since, so i'm no angel, but boasting about stealing from independent record shops?

zhao

there are no accidents
Surely anyone thinking they don't occupy an inferior moral position because they unrepentantly steal is in the wrong?

I've downloaded more than a few things for free that I later deleted, and plenty more i didn't delete, some of which I've gone and bought since, so i'm no angel, but boasting about stealing from independent record shops?

i don't care, irrelevant to me, go suck your mum.

that is also a part of my past, i stopped the above practices when i was around age 24 and started making decent money.

would also like to make clear that i have never stolen anything from individuals, ever. with the exception of maybe lighters, unintentionally.

Dusty

Tone deaf
I've set myself a limit in order to curb a spending habit that was getting out of hand. If it comes out on CD I buy it, vinyl only, and I'll grab some mp3s instead - be it legally or illegally.

That twisted logic keeps my conscience clean. I apologise now to any labels that only release vinyl and don't sell on mp3 stores, I've probably stolen from you.

grizzleb

I buy artists who I want to give money to, when I have the money. I basically buy music when I have money, download when I don't and if I come across something that's amazing I buy it when I next get money. I listen to loads of stuff I wouldn't pay for though.

grizzleb

Also, as much as I love complete musical freedom in the internet age, it has plenty of bad points. Being 'snowed under' by lots of music you possibley can't fully appreciate, knowing you have "just that other album sitting there I'll put on in a minute". I've been trying to listen to fewer albums and repeat listen, so I can enjoy something over a period of time, so I'm not just giving everything a token listen. This has the added bonus of meaning you find overlooked stuff from ages ago later on.

On the posititve side I think it lets you be so much wider in your tastes too - maybe years ago you had to be into 'one thing' and stick to it, now I can listen to heavy metal, african gospel, detroit techno, obscure jazz ambient, blah blah blah, all in the same timeframe. That's surely a good thing. Allows complete open-mindedness.