UK GENERAL ELECTION THURSDAY MAY 6th 2010

crackerjack

Labour declares for Glasgow Central. No surprise there then. Overturning the Scottish by-election losses so dramatically was somewhat more surprising.
Think I'm going to watch this right to the end now, no sign of sleep coming on.

You realise 'the end' is midday tomorrow? Even I won't be around that long,

scottdisco

rip this joint please
High Peak, Leics NW, both decent Tory gains.

Chester, Nunny, Tamworth too.

not surprised Tories got Aberconwy as that is essentially wealthy English, second homes fare round there, and Lembit for Montgomeryshire pissing it (for SKY's Adam Boulton's wry "personal reasons") not too surprising, but Tories gaining Vale of Glamorgan is unexpected, isn't it?

scottdisco

rip this joint please
overall i must say the aforesaid Adam Boulton is, all things considered, a bit of a disingenuous, facetious cunt.

crackerjack

overall i must say the aforesaid Adam Boulton is, all things considered, a bit of a disingenuous, facetious cunt.

He stood up for himself, but he must be embarrassed with this election. Sky's had a pretty balanced rep up till now, but they've been partisan as fuck this time round. Not least the man himself, asking inappropriate questions of Clegg.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
He stood up for himself, but he must be embarrassed with this election. Sky's had a pretty balanced rep up till now, but they've been partisan as fuck this time round. Not least the man himself, asking inappropriate questions of Clegg.

very true. i mean it's not often Alastair Campbell has a valid point.

shame as Boulton's interview w Obama not too long after he got in was very well done (within the obvious limitations) and he normally comes across well.

had to laugh at Kelvin Macca casting aspersions about Campbell's taste in herbal cigarettes...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Paxman is being genius :

"thank you david milliband, you're a very clever guy, you've answered exactly the question that you were likely to hear"

"it's about twenty past three, can't we just have a straight answer?"

"can you hear me, David Milliband? See if you can do a bit of lipreading if you can find a monitor"

Last edited:

massrock

You lot crashed out early didn't ya. Lightweights.

Like the BBC headline just now - Uncertainty Now Certain.

Pestario

tell your friends
I got a letter from the government the other day. I opened and read it, it said HUNG PARLIAMENT

Con: 291
Lab: 247
LD: 51

hung like a horse

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
If the tories can't form an overall majority but are big enough to take on Lib + Lab, what's likely to happen? Will they be able to form a minority government with support from the 'regional' parties to get stuff through? I don't really know enough about the SNP, PC etc to know how happy they'd be to sign up to whatever the Tories want in exchange for some devolutionary concessions...

hucks

Your Message Here
If the tories can't form an overall majority but are big enough to take on Lib + Lab, what's likely to happen? Will they be able to form a minority government with support from the 'regional' parties to get stuff through? I don't really know enough about the SNP, PC etc to know how happy they'd be to sign up to whatever the Tories want in exchange for some devolutionary concessions...

PC would do it for lots of money, dunno what conditions the SNP would impose.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Poplar and Limehouse still unanounced, dammit! :mad: If Galloway gets in I'm gonna feel sooo guilty for not voting for Alan Titch-, I mean Jim Fitzpatrick.

Yesterday I was all "Bollocks to tactical voting", but hey ho.