UK GENERAL ELECTION THURSDAY MAY 6th 2010

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
So out of curiosity, if, as seems likely, LDs jump ino the Blue bed, how many of the LDs here would still consider voting for them at the next election?

i was already regretting voting for them by friday morning :slanted: . Not that my vote meant anything in a safe Labour seat anyways....or is likely to mean anything in the future...

crackerjack

So it sounds like the deal is done, on the basis of a Commons free vote for a PR referendum.

As face-savers go, it's gonna fool next to no one.

Irf I'm being kind, I'd concede Clegg was in a shit position, that a deal with Labour was near impossible (damned with Brown, damned without him, and either way still a minority) and one relying on Nats would've been catastrophic, especially for Labour.

As a Labour supporter, this is the best possible news for our party, as the LDs should lose at least 5% of that 23%, a good chunk of it to us. And we get to dodge the immediate blame for these incoming cuts.

Trouble is, it leaves the Etonians swinging the axe... Fuck:(:eek:

edit: Oh, and if anyone can get a pic of the next Guardian editorial meeting...

Last edited:

don_quixote

Trent End
they reckon that this could put off up to 1 in 4 lib dem voters which would be enough for 55 conservative seats to switch to labour and at least 15 lib dem seats to switch to labour - could be looking at a labour majority if an election is called.

hucks

Your Message Here
God, I hope not. Though the thought of a ConDem alliance with the poor ickle Lib Dems eaten alive is unpleasant, too.

Jesus, every single option is unpalatable, isn't it?

grizzleb

If it happens, then it has to be Clegg. The prospect of a 'coalition of the losers' led by an 'unelected' PM would see all involved roasted next time out.
Miliband next PM. There's no way the smallest party would get the top job. It's not a presidential system, it's parliamentary. Whoever gets in will get roasted next time round regardless, lib dems need to take that on the chin and angle for PR. I like to think Clegg has been astute by engaging both the tories and labour in talks, looks like the prospect of a bidding war on electoral reform has already started - labour have offered immediate bill on alternate vote pushed through the commons and a subsequent referendum on PR. Looking like a not bad situation to be in for das libs, considering they done so poorly.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Boulton made a complete prick of himself.
Imagine working for sky news and getting pissed off when some tells you how to think.
Does he not get that every day ?

crackerjack

i think i'd take a con-lib coalition

a lab-lib coalition would be ok in the short term and a disaster in the long term

ideal scenario: this is a cunning plan to bounce the Tories into upping their offer. I can't believe Labour want to cling on here, it'll be an electoral disaster