Enough of sea sick synths

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanroberto

Reprezenting the Latinos
yeah exactly "mate" either that or just use bait sounds to make them sound entirely derivative of the collective sonic output of the two proceeding decades' prominent genres.

that or they're making a juke track

MORE EMOTICONS COS I KNW Y'ALL LOVE THEM SO

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

grizzleb

yeah exactly "mate" either that or just use bait sounds to make them sound entirely derivative of the collective sonic output of the two proceeding decades' prominent genres.
But 'seasick' synths will just quickly (and have I think) become another token, another preset that allows people who maybe haven't got that many ideas to think they're doing something interesting. Most music put out is bereft of ideas because people hear a new thing, jump on the bandwagon and then rape that until it becomes a boring cliche.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
It is a well-known fact that there is not a single human being, rich or poor, that does not like fried chicken. You're more likely lying if you say you don't like it.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Speaking of which: who did the original blog or article or whatever it was that was sort of a guide to the London fried chicken shop? Prancehall?

mms

sometimes
Speaking of which: who did the original blog or article or whatever it was that was sort of a guide to the London fried chicken shop? Prancehall?

it was that middle class white boy Elijah

i worked at kfc for 2 years when i was a teen
it was madness, so many of the staff were loons, the free bits at the end of the night were a blessing though.

Last edited:

FairiesWearBoots

It is a well-known fact that there is not a single human being, rich or poor, that does not like fried chicken. You're more likely lying if you say you don't like it.

Yup, McDonalds & BK are routinely avoided but I have a weakness for KFC or any other chicken
sorry if abp, but it is hilarious

juanroberto

Reprezenting the Latinos
Haha, I think jaun is just on the wind up. A few po-faced peeps around here.

when i get called a fucking weirdo you NOSE i'm going out of my way to show them up

glad you see i'm jojoing just a little bit. a lot of love for the whiteman coming from elephant and castle (i cheered for england and everything)

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Man, synths with wonky pitch have been around for years and years. Is it really such a big trend at the mo?

grizzleb

Man, synths with wonky pitch have been around for years and years. Is it really such a big trend at the mo?
Yeah I love the idea that this is in any way new. Just another trend, although I suppose one that is the difference between a shit track and one brimming with rich artistic vision....

mos dan

fact music
quite certain i know that troll

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL. yeah i was wondering but i'm not sure i care enough to work it out

I've always felt a bit "sea-sick" listening to these 2:

definitely the two ikonika tracks - though 'fish' is the one for me.

the sea sick thing started with kode 9's black sun right?

yeah agreed.. black sun started so much... i sometimes wonder if it might come to be viewed as a 'pulse x' type moment.

Dan Hancox should stick to writing about chicken shops

getting this on my business cards :)

which one? i suggested the blog as a joke and elijah called my bluff and registered the name

Status
Not open for further replies.