Hip Hop '11

CrowleyHead

It's really simple; Kamron was THE biggest white rapper in the NYC rap community as far as people who were impressed by white people. He had a Bomb Squad co-sign, he'd battled black people and not gotten 'nerves', and he'd paid dues. Plus, this was around the time Serch had pissed away his value with shitty solo records. By this time, Necro was still rapping like a fat Jewish G Rap impersonator, as only the people who'd bought Pete Nice's LP (all 4 of them) had heard Cage for the first time.

That said, Necro had a bone to pick with Kamron because of the legendary battle with Craig G at the New Music Seminar. At that battle, Necro had most obviously defeated Craig G, but Craig won because the mostly black audience sided with him. He'd spend the rest of the next two three years abusing the guy on the Bobbito show in freestyles, but Kamron had said on NYC radio that Craig G was a legend, and Necro was just a dumb white trash kid.

So, one day Kamron is in the area between Valley Stream and Hewlett, with his girlfriend, and Necro walks up to him. Naturally Kamron, thinking this is a normal 'Yo man, what's up?' thing walks over to Necro and says hey. Necro proceeds to take out Kamron with one blow to the face, and when his girlfriend tries to stop him, shove her into the street.

BUT WAIT, IT GETS BETTER.

Kamron had a Bomb Squad jacket given to him by the Shocklees, which he wore around like a badge. Understandably so. But Necro yanks the jacket off of the winded Kamron, throws it into the street, and sets it on fire, before stomping off.

This seems stupid, but considering how much white underground rappers seethed with hate at YBT, it was a big deal. Supposedly by doing this, he guaranteed that Serch would end up calling up Necro and trying to form Non-Phixion for a major label, as well as Cage getting his phone number and working with him, just on the strength of the fact that he snuffed out Kamron.

luka

i actually hat diss. i like sloane for fash, corpse for comdy, crow for rap, crnaer for well worded facism and thats it.

BareBones

wheezy
you guys may have already heard most of these tunes as they're a few months old or whatever, but I hadn't heard any of these before and guttaboy jihad has compiled them all into a mixtape. it's really fucking good. pretty much every track is really strong.

eg these ones are great:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
i actually hat diss. i like sloane for fash, corpse for comdy, crow for rap, crnaer for well worded facism and thats it.

Insane_Clown_Posse_umvd01.jpg

me and crowley

that's us

CrowleyHead

If I ever get money, I will probably end up having rap festivals not unlike the Gathering, so fuck it. I have no problems being called Violent J.

CrowleyHead

I can't recall a more boring Brooklyn dude this year.

That shit seems predestined for people who miss Fondle 'Em 12 inches and debates about Percee P being underrated. I could smell el-P's future erection in regards to that song (which, according to his tweets over that piece of shit record, did happen) from a mile away.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

This Lex beat is BIG. All his beats sound the same more or less but you can somehow tell when he's hit a higher pitch of intensity with those identical elements than usual. The videos quite good too. Actually wouldn't be surprised if this has already been posted since its got 3 million views and is therefore (I assume) a well known tune.

Yoooo Gucci Fanes (I'm proud of this pun, I used it on my blog earlier today)...

Gucci + Future ''Free Bricks'' is well worth a download.

As if ''Ferrari Boyz'' (him and Waka)

Southside On The Track is absolutely KILLING IT on ''F Boyz''. Shawty Redd, Fat Boy and Zaytoven on various other tapes too.

Last edited:

luka

the hustle hard one is a bit old. i think its really good. i think i did post it but not necessarily. that wave of luger records really sold me on rap music in '10-'11... now the noveltys worn off im finding it harder to maintain the rage as our aussie brethren say....

DannyL

Wild Horses
Yoooo Gucci Fanes (I'm proud of this pun, I used it on my blog earlier today)...

Gucci + Future ''Free Bricks'' is well worth a download.

That Gucci/Future tape absolutely kills it IMO. I feel they're kind of taking the trap music template and mutating it into something weird and strange. Stuff like "I See Dead People" - !!!, Future's weird androld voice, the opening track - "Fucking Moulianis"! Also IMO it's really listenable - not really a duff track on it, really and I've already replayed it a bunch of times. Even the whole "Free Bricks" concept is bizarre, and a lot of the tracks can be read two ways - Lamborginhi is about being high as fuck, I suspect.