Votes: 3 6.0%
  • DEA Project

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • MJ Cole

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

craner

Beast of Burden
Yeah, I did too! And they were affable presenters, on the whole. The phone-in quizzes were a bit shit, though. It was like the fore-runner of 1 xtra.

Three hours of UK Garage on the radio to listen to in bed every Sunday morning is a pretty much amazing concept outside London.

You're right -- before digital radio and online streaming this was a fantastic thing.

luka

cant talk about wookie with out mentioning this killer

my personal favourite of his. cant be taged as proto-dubstep hahah

outraygeous

I still need the dub mix of that, dam

just listened to the Funki Dread tunes on youtube aswell.

I miss Wookie

gumdrops

I do't think you're taking into account the stuff he released on Manchu

cant fault the manchu stuff, though i personally prefer storm or down on me to far east (all the dubstep love that one gets might have put me off a bit), i was talking just about his remixes. luka's description of them being 'dopey' sounds about right, though stuff like the attica blues and sia remixes def arent that. the attica blues one might be my favourite remix of his.

Last edited:

outraygeous

Just as we are all aware of the damage Little Man does to a dance

over played yes, but the reaction to it is immense.

Tim F

I think my love of Bump & Flex comes from this sense that his grooves understood the danceability of 2-step better than just about anyone. Defiantly not head music. Bass weight, but no meditate - just, yes, bumping and flexing:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I think my love of Bump & Flex comes from this sense that his grooves understood the danceability of 2-step better than just about anyone. Defiantly not head music. Bass weight, but no meditate - just, yes, bumping and flexing:

Yeah great stuff, think it just might have to get my vote for these plus Grant Nelson's stuff under his own name and other aliases/combos (don't forget he was on garage from really early). Feel a bit of a clever dick though 'cause people have mostly been going for other stuff. Ah well.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Really though it could easily have gone to Zed Bias or Chris Mack or Dem 2. Groove Chronicles and Wooke wouldn't be far behind either. I love this thread!

outraygeous

you have got to love the recycled sounds and ideas in UK Garage aswell

if one thing got big, it appeared in loads of different tracks

that second link of bump and flex track has the same timbo sound from this one which also has the Dem2 'guitar' sound

also, Kele Le Roc my love drum pattern

craner

Beast of Burden
I don't care what you all say, the fact that Wookie is on 6 and MJ Cole is on 0 is ridiculous.

nomos

Administrator
9 tunes in 9 yearrs it's not exactly churning them out is it?
yeah but almost 50 remixes in 5 years, not that it's about quantity either

frankly, this poll is like choosing which drowning parent to save. it will only lead to guilt and recrimination.

wise

bare BARE BONES
yeah but almost 50 remixes in 5 years, not that it's about quantity either

frankly, this poll is like choosing which drowning parent to save. it will only lead to guilt and recrimination.

I feel guilty every time I look at the stats, poor Chris Mac :(

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
so why mak everyone elses world crumble too you selfish cunt?

LOL

They look like a band called Desiring Oblivion or something. They are amazing producers though, this thread has made me do a bit of research and I can see why they're leading the pack at the moment.

I LOVE the Wookie gabrielle remix.

This is one of my favourite garage tunes, I tried to look for other things by him (Trevor T) on youtube but there's not much.

Are there a lot of garage nation tape packs available online? There's loads of jungle tape packs around but I haven't seen that many garage ones.