Jackin' / Electroline

datwun

Jimitheexplorer & Rudewhy, both massive tracks big up! Makes sense that Pegasus is from Sheffield, and I cant see that Komon track not being influenced by the midlands/northern stuff atm, that drop is so jackin! Especially with the white noise and all.

I posted that Dave Fogg track when I was quite high, but I went back to listen to it again (and again) when I wasn't and it still sounded really good to me! Love how slow and druggy it is, like how it just feels REALLY slow, which is one of the things which really separates jackin from speed garage etc.

Obviously not as big as that Ill Phil track though! But that's asking a bit much, that one entered my top 10 of the year like instantly.

Benny Bunter

LORENZO MIX VOLUME 4

Download
http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/60152587/file.html

1. Break the hold (Cause & Affect remix) - Linden Jay & Ruby Wood
2. Something in the water - Pete Graham & Lorenzo
3. Suitcase - Hannah Wants & Lorenzo
4. Kill my love (Hannah Wants & Chris Lorenzo remix) - Sam Divine ft. Amy Lyon
5. Shake it - Shaun Banger Scott & Lorenzo
6. Joker Smoker - Legitimate Scandal
7. Drugs - Double Trouble Vs Lorenzo
8. Chu Bah Ka - Pete Graham & Lorenzo
9. Round the clock (Cause & Affect remix) - P Money
10. The way to do it - Hannah Wants & Lorenzo
11. Rude Boy - Hannah Wants & Lorenzo
12. Fu-Gee-La - Legitimate Scandal
13. Wom (AKA Dorothy's Armpit) - Pete Graham & Lorenzo
14. Kneadin' - Hannah Wants & Chris Lorenzo
15. Lose it all - Hannah Wants & Lorenzo
16. Teardrop on fire - Hannah Wants & Lorenzo
17. Talladega Nights - House Monkeyz & Lorenzo
18. Incredible - Lorenzo
19. Your Fun - Legitimate Scandal ft. Jenny Jones
20. Selectro - Ill Phil & Lorenzo ft. Bryn Owen
21. Who Dat - Pete Graham & Lorenzo
22. Down Town - Ill Phil & Lorenzo
23. Boogie 2Nite (Ill Phil, Rewbs & Lorenzo mix) - Booty Luv
24. What a night - Sleepin' is cheatin'

wise

bare BARE BONES
Raaaaah! Some new warpy danger from man like Dave Fogg!!
Seriously sick!!!!

Woops! not new, 9 months old lol. He just posted it on his facebook though. Don't remember anyone posting it?

I'm with you on this one, tune's heavy played loud, doesn't seem likely it's getting a release after all this time though.
Fogg's new ep on Simma Black is a bit dull

datwun

At wuk so can't check the bumpy fool yet, but that Hybrid theory one is sick. I clocked that he only came out earlier this year. Which makes him by far and away the breakout producer of the year for me.

Mind Games
Skanks
Screened
Solsitice
Higher
Raw Sex
Drop to the Max

Can't front on a hit rate like that! I think he's often seen in the same light at Low Steppa, but for me he`s far far superior. My number 2 for new school jackin would have to be Nigurr, who's definitely got a formula - bate hip hop/rnb vocals + really slow and druggy "deep and dirty" bass - but what a formula!!

Can anyone think of anyone else?

datwun

Think he used to make dubstep

Brent Kilner too!

A massive release from Legitimate Scandal*
http://www.beatport.com/track/limb-by-limb-original-mix/4893921
sick! Bass is obviously similar to Fu Gee La, and that sample's obviously wicked. Not sure about the vocal on the flip though :confused: ...

New jackin stomper from Ill Phil and Loz!
Lol, edges dangerously close to electro-swing, but is obviously totally forgivable when it drops. Big up Ill Phil! the only one in recent months holding down the fort on classic jackin, OTT vocals, snappy drums, and massive massive basslines. His release schedule is on point, with tracks up on soundcloud quickly, and then released on bigtunes within about 6 weeks. Used to be loads of people on a similar tip, Donkie Punch, Chris Gresswell, Screwface, Paul Lawrence, Pete Graham etc. but now most of them are getting signed and their output's massively slowed down even thoguh the quality's high.

It seems what may be a good promo move for an individual artist - slowing down releases, building hype, getting signed - is bad for a scene - loss of energy.