Film - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

rubberdingyrapids

this seems like it will be accurate -
Korine insists that Aggro Dr1ft signifies surpassing the medium of film (it doesn’t), but with its subject matter of a ruthless killer trying to balance his domestic life, it’s also about transcending our flesh when you realize just how clearly frightened Korine is of aging.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
He just made a list thats already #12 all-time most popular, actually along the lines of what @IdleRich was asking for a while back.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I forget which thread I mentioned it in, but there have been a handful of films I've seen which have contained references to others films the director made. Not in the sense of a shared universe, but in the sense that the directors other films have been released in the work of the film in question.

Watching About Schmidt now, for the first time, and the protagonist drives past a theater marquee reading Sideways.

IdleRich

IdleRich
He just made a list thats already #12 all-time most popular, actually along the lines of what @IdleRich was asking for a while back.

Yeah he did actually reach out to check it was ok so I just said yeah sure Marty go for it, and if you need any more help with ideas I've got you covered, just don't be a stranger you know.

IdleRich

IdleRich

Trailer tells me nothing but I just saw the exact picture on fb and someone I guess I must know or have known at some point or something wrote the following...

Well. A sharp needle in the brain. Extremely effective. Unforgettable. But a very stylised, almost installation-y approach to the banality of evil. The devil is exclusively in the details, in the background or on the other end of a call.

rubberdingyrapids

The guardian /film/2023/nov/19/lost-reels-directors-pick-15-great-films-you-wont-find-on-uk-streaming

British/uk directors on films they prob only found on youtube, archive.org or torrents

sufi

lala
The guardian /film/2023/nov/19/lost-reels-directors-pick-15-great-films-you-wont-find-on-uk-streaming

British/uk directors on films they prob only found on youtube, archive.org or torrents

the Silver Globe

(Andrzej Żuławski, 1988, not widely available)

On the Silver Globe.

‘An extraordinary film’: On the Silver Globe. Photograph: TCD/Prod.DB/Alamy
nearly 3 hours long but amazing

rubberdingyrapids

not seen half of these as they arent even released yet and some prob wont even be released, but im going to say this is a pretty boring list.

the empire 2023 list is better -

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Somehow this completely went under my radar, by Amazon is adapting Fallout into a show, and it has Walton Goggins in it:

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Thankfully the series is going for an original story, within the canon of the game franchise, which I suspect is generally a more effective approach than direct adaptation. That said, I do think this adaptation faces risks similar to other such films/series, such as the temptation to "Cram" in as many references which only the players of the game will recognize.

I've probably put 1000 hours into this game franchise, over the last decade.