Film - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

version

william-friedkin-r-i-p-v0-xcd8x7zoypgb1.jpg

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Got half an eye on triangle of sadness

I like the bit when she makes the whole crew go swimming because (I suppose) she feels so totally lonely and is trying to break through the carapace of professional amiability of the crew and then they have to hop to it and "have fun" with all the joyfulness of a military exercise

luka

he makes american critics really irate cos he won't take the cant of the dominant american ideology seriously. they can't stand it when people wont pretend to believe it

IdleRich

IdleRich
what were the ideas rich?
I mean I liked the idea of a guy who turned tail and abandoned his family at the first sign of trouble and then had to awkwardly pretend that that wasn't what happened.

There is a Woody Allen film where this professor has an affair with his student and at the end tries to murder her by pushing her down a lift shaft, but they end up grappling awkwardly and he falls in. But I always thought it would have been so much better if he didn't fall but was left there, having tried to murder her - FM used that idea as a basis for a film.

rubberdingyrapids

“How do you take the whole idea of entertainment, of live-action gaming, and create something new?” he asked. “The obsession here is that there’s something else after where we’ve been — that one thing is dying, and something new is being born right now.”

Asked if he would ever return to working on “real movies,” Korine said, “It’s possible,” but only for one person.

“Terrence Malick wrote a script that he wants me to direct,” he continued. “It’s a really, really beautiful script. And that’s maybe one of the only things that I could imagine pulling me back into like actual, traditional moviemaking. But even then, the hard part now is just the idea of looking through a viewfinder and filming, like, people speaking at a table. All this dialogue always gets in the way. All these things that you don’t really care about. I don’t know. That would be a special case. I always loved him, and his movies were such a big deal for me as a kid, and even still now. But that would maybe be the one thing.”