The Mysterious and Magical World of Webeschatology

sadmanbarty

I’d admit it if it was true. I’ve said as much when I feel that way.

But I’m enjoying dissensus at the moment. This list has got off to a cracking start. Im contented.

luka

We owe him a lot. Cos he's confident or acts confident people don't feel they need to give him the pats on the back he needs and vitally deserves

luka

1) Ninjaman - Permit to bury

Childhood hero,first "problematic favourite" probably the original reason i can listen to violent rap but also now doing life in pen

apprnetly when the verdict dropped he responded by saying "a so it go"

Deconstruction. Jamaica is always 100 years ahead of America I don't care

sadmanbarty

Deconstruction. Jamaica is always 100 years ahead of America I don't care

after i did the drill essay, i was thinking of doing a mumble rap one.

one of the paragraphs was going to about mumble rap essentially reintroducing lots of the elements that were shed when jamaican toasting/djing became us rapping. melody. propensity for novelty and gimmicks. phonetic dada.

fathead even does mumble rap style ad libs on his collaborations with yelloman. he'll fill in the spaces between yellow's bars with oinks, ribbits, etc.

luka

The basics is how do we PLAY with and around the fixed property which is the beat

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
woe woe woe mumble rap reintroducing elements of Jamaican toasting alright i think im out for a bit this is becoming like barty's intellectual fiefdom i did say there was some aristocratic lineage there...

forclosure

6) Busta Rhymes - Woo Hah (original AND the remix dont care)

Busta was my first favourite rapper which tbh in a roundabout way you can trace whatever far reaching out there music i like back to him. Coming off of bashment and jungle i dunno he was just the guy that made the most sense to my young brain animated weird larger than life technical i know on old tapes ive got his appearance on Top of the Pops recorded after an episode of Sesame Street or something but yeah he was my fucking guy.

The way 80 year old jazz guys like Lawrence Ferlingeti feel and write about Count Basie is the way i feel about this song and the remix which genuinly feels deranged and drippy due to ODBs added presence despite the same elements (3 note bassline circular piano riff) either way loved this track since it dropped

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
wicked start web esh, some classics that i should really revisit. also co-sign the moor mother, underrated future classic biz for sure.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
third i know things are a bit shitty for you at the moment so i'm not giving you a bollocking. all i would say is that you're probably reading stuff on dissensus as more hostile or maybe feeling a bit more unappreciated than is fair. try and leave all the shit in the rest of your life to one side and come on here as a place where you can feel championed and stimulated and so forth. let dissensus be your happy place. a place to escape the bollocks. don't let the outside world taint what we have here.

It's not that, it's more your attempt to create this watertight cealed off musical package to show off ur intellectual brilliance.

americans (apart from nerds) don't know about toasting how the fuck are they gonna reintegrate it?

the fact is mumble rap owes far more in its deconstruction to more, banal white sources.

This is a double bind if you want to subscribe to both commercial rap, and hip hop being a vehicle of black radicality.

our undie vs mainstream rap battle. emo rap vs serious rap.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
let's not taint this mysterious and magical thread any further. it was all going so nicely. let it be a sanctuary of positivity. it's web's time to shine.

Classic english answer when the raki hits too hard. Evasion. but alright. ftr i wasn't being negative i was just like how the hell are you making that arbitrary conflation which just wouldn't make sense in the states.