Wiley's eski-œuvre

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
What's that mixtape he put out quite recently called which everyone was saying was better than his actual album (the big dada one)?

I've got the 2nd phaze and a couple of tunnel visions - they've all got great bits on them, I suppose that's the case with most of his albums?

mos dan

fact music
bokkle did an all-wiley mix on sub fm when he retired the first time (and we all believed him), that big dada time.. but neither of us can find it now. sorry!

corpsey it's grime wave and it's excellent - buy it!

john eden

male pale and stale
bokkle did an all-wiley mix on sub fm when he retired the first time (and we all believed him), that big dada time.. but neither of us can find it now. sorry!

corpsey it's grime wave and it's excellent - buy it!

Grimewave 2nded. I might have that bok bok mix somewhere, will try to have a look.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I'd guess he's gonna work with her, he rarely does anything that doesn't promote himself in some way. I'd be surprised if he put it up cos he likes it.

Grill

wow
wiley's dropped yet another record deal

http://www.rwdmag.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104720

It is really amazing that wiley puts himself so out there for scrutiny. Everyone knows everything he has done. Every mistake tune he has made, every project he has flaked on, every "retirement" everything. He is even breaking down the money his record deal here!! like he is counting his money in public! you have to hand it to him, he is tuff.

I have to say "my mistakes" is a serious tune

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
It's scary that Wiley didn't understand that the production costs come out of his advance. You have to be pretty unrealistic to think that pocketing upwards of 50,000 AFTER you've paid manager, lawyer and recorded your whole album, BEFORE the royalties start even coming in, is anywhere near a bad thing.

Wiley's manager needs to sit him down and teach him a few things, but I've said this before. Shit, maybe he can make good money on his own, I don't know, but more than 50,000 on a self-released all-grime album? Has this ever even happened?

gumdrops

youd think that wiley might have read a few books or at least talked to people about how deals are done (or even just done gcse maths), esp after being in the industry (even if just on an underground level) for so long.

mms

sometimes
youd think that wiley might have read a few books or at least talked to people about how deals are done (or even just done gcse maths), esp after being in the industry (even if just on an underground level) for so long.

clearing 50 grand before he's even taken a royalty is good too, i'm glad no one on the board there is particulary phased by his wining, i mean as well just imagine how anyone that's trying to help him book live acts must feel since he never turns up too, he just seems to reject anyone who trys to work with him and takes a pre-agreed fee, he should lay off the charly.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
i actually really like grime wave. sue me

I honestly don't see why so many people are panning it. It is one of his strongest mixtape efforts to date, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure what people want from Wiley sometimes.