IdleRich

IdleRich
Back in the 60s/70s, with all sorts of sexual mores being torn gleefully to shreds, I suppose the taboo against shagging underage girls/boys might have seemed like just another hangup. Or was it the other way around – the taboo against shagging underage girls/boys being a more enlightened, modern thing?
I often think that the reason that people such as Joe Orton had so few qualms about paedophilia was cos their loveliness had already been criminalised... sort of related perhaps.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I wonder if one of the reasons people feel less disgusted by Bowie doing it because he was good looking and glamorous? It's like that classic thing of men reading a story about an attractive female teacher shagging an underage boy at school and thinking/saying "lucky bastard!"

linebaugh

one of the best parts about this moment in rock music is that in everyway its exactly like modern pop except that all the actors are ugly balding middle aged men with poorly hidden bellies

linebaugh

I like this one because it shows that when they do have a traditionally attractive lead they believe it gives them license to wear a snake skin tie over freddie kruger t shirt

Leo

R-1893246-1389523796-8356-jpeg.jpg

a version classic

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
You get more of a pass if your music is good. Gary Glitter didn't stand a chance.

Also Bowie passed himself off as an alien without genitals.

no, Gary Glitters music is better than Bowie's dross.

British psyche, corpsey, British psyche. Maybe you will understand when I shuffle off this mortal coil.

Not that I want to big up Glitter, ive only listened to 30 seconds of him but even i can tell he's better than Bowie.

It's in this sense soulboyism is better than rock, but only up until 1987, where acid trax renders it redundant.