Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Looked up tangled up in blue lyrics and two things that sprang out at me

1) "Poppa's bankbook wasn't big enough" is so great sung in the rhythm and with the intonation he gives it.

2) "She turned around to look at me
As I was walking away
I heard her say over my shoulder
"We'll meet again someday on the avenue"" - this bit, again, it doesn't look like much of anything but the way he sings it (particularly the transition from "someday" to "on the avenuuue"), combining that sentiment with that plaintive chord change always gives me chills. It gave me a chill just reading it.

This isn't really what you're thread's about. But it points up something for me about how great a performer he was, a great singer albeit in a totally weird way that a lot of people find utterly grating.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Positively 4th St is a sublime peace of rage. It’s the definitive fuck you to hypocrites and fake friends. 10-11 verses of controlled focus, backed by a wrecking ball section of harmonies. I admit to sending a vinyl copy to an ex once after piecing the bs picture together, but the definitive rendition is Garcia’s band from 1975. As a combined whole, it’s fuckin beautiful.

mvuent

Void Dweller
congressman/senator/diplomat
you imagine the kind of figures you seen in political cartoons from the 1800s. monocle-wearing cigar-smoking men who are 50 feet tall and control everything in the country with puppet strings.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Bob_Dylan_-_Bringing_It_All_Back_Home.jpg

It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) followed by It's All Over Now, Baby Blue is as potent a pairing to end a record as I can think of.

Written around age 24 too

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
and this came out this year

worth the ride

Bob Dylan
9 months ago
Greetings to my fans and followers with gratitude for all your support and loyalty across the years. This is an unreleased song we recorded a while back that you might find interesting. Stay safe, stay observant and may God be with you. - Bob Dylan