come discuss something on /mu/ with me real quick

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I didn't realise it was designed to make your brain feel sick, to actively attack and disintegrate your soul

Boards of canada were proto vapourwave with the corporate jingles, childhood nostalgia cast against something vast and sinister. It feels partly about the desire for the comforts of consumer culture freed from competition and status, away from sight, and work and having to do other stuff we have to do

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I thought it was some sort of ambient background music but it seems more like actively unpleasant invasive music that makes you want to hurl your computer into a reservoir

DLaurent

On the sounding like video game soundtracks I don't see that as the point of Vaporwave but...

It just needs more Linn Drum Emulations...

luka

Boards of canada were proto vapourwave with the corporate jingles, childhood nostalgia cast against something vast and sinister. It feels partly about the desire for the comforts of consumer culture freed from competition and status, away from sight, and work and having to do other stuff we have to do
corporate-captured childhood, all your memories were implants. what it means to grow up on the media-reservation etc
1612441047720.png

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
it's good pallet cleansing music

listening to some real music after this is like going outside into the natural world when you've spent all day masturbating on xhamster

luka

and millions of others have exactly the same memories

i discuss this in detail in The Last Resort

Unreal City. Magnetic City. Pandemonium.

Why is your name scratched into the paint?
And why do these streets seem to recognise you?

The man hanging from the first floor window to smoke a cigarette nods as you meet his eye and even the cat sprawled on the warm doorstep looks up in acknowledgement as you pass.

When did we come here not in waking, no,
not in waking life. When did we intrude on our own future? Breathing lead in the
heavy air, all of us. As children, on the rubbish tips, in the crumpled metal, in the broken toys, all of us, holding the doll with missing eyes.

luka

Nobody will ever read your gigantic posts quoting yourself 50 times

You need to write a structured essay like craner, which again nobody will read
Yeah, we skim past 'em in a condition of disembodied disinterest, ironically enacting the whole point of this thread.

Can everybody else stop talking so we can go back to Luke's Greatest Hits please.

THE LAST RESORT

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Is this why Barty pitches dancehall up to +10 on his CDJs, cos it makes it sound more fake? Do the younglings have a fetish for fakeness?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Meanwhile there I am pushing a pram around listening to badly drawn boy wishing it was the 90s again

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I don't like that that post has now got about 7 laughing likes cos it looks like I'm bullying luka and craner.

When in fact i'm punching up, a man of the people