Under what contexts are certain terms racist?

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Melchior said:
Sort of. But don't you think that racial ideas play a roll in why white men like asian or black women?

Not really, if we're talking about physical attraction. (crudeness alert) If I see a hot black chick, I don't think something like "ah, the mysterious sensuality of the dark continent" I think "look at her tits/ass!"

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Pearsall said:
Not really, if we're talking about physical attraction. (crudeness alert) If I see a hot black chick, I don't think something like "ah, the mysterious sensuality of the dark continent" I think "look at her tits/ass!"

Sure, but don't you think the same thing if you look at any attractive woman?

zhao

there are no accidents
well I'm sick of white people.

I mean there are many white people I respect, like Gerhardt Richter and Paul Virilio and Evan Parker, etc, and the white people on this forum (I'm pretty sure most are white here? apologize if I'm wrong). And I have many white friends in real life, all of whom I respect and like, and have even had many white girlfriends, all of whom I have loved and treated nicely... but in a general historical-political sense, I'm fucking sick of white people. does that make me racist?

by the way, this is a bit off topic, but it is something I have wondered about for a very long time:

was the late and great Steve Lacy white? or was he half and half? please someone tell me...

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Melchior said:
Sure, but don't you think the same thing if you look at any attractive woman?

Well, yeah, that's my point.

There are often different body types involved, and if you like one type (curvy women) and not another (slender, petite types) then often you'll not be attracted in general to groups of women with the type you don't find all that attractive. For instance, I'm way more attracted to black women in general than I am to East Asian women, cos I like curvaceousness and often East Asian women are way too skinny and small for me (I don't find really skinny white chicks attractive either). I presumed that was what Dom was driving at (I'm guessing he likes em petite).

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
confucius said:

I mean there are many white people I respect, like Gerhardt Richter and Paul Virilio and Evan Parker, etc, and the white people on this forum (I'm pretty sure most are white here? apologize if I'm wrong). And I have many white friends in real life, all of whom I respect and like, and have even had many white girlfriends, all of whom I have loved and treated nicely... but in a general historical-political sense, I'm fucking sick of white people. does that make me racist?

oh, no, obviously not. :rolleyes:

nonseq

Melchior said:
I'm amazed you're still up! Are you sure you're not on drugs?
:D Didn't catch this post at the time.. You're right actually: fair trade biological (dunno the proper english term) coffee with lots of sugar. :)
CDPA said:
i think the thread seems to have really gone off point.
Yes, sorry.
Pearsall said:
There are often different body types involved, and if you like one type (curvy women) and not another (slender, petite types) then often you'll not be attracted in general to groups of women with the type you don't find all that attractive.
Exactly. The racism only comes in when a wo/man has racist ideas, which then distort her/his initial sexual 'judgement'.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Pearsall said:
Well, yeah, that's my point.

There are often different body types involved, and if you like one type (curvy women) and not another (slender, petite types) then often you'll not be attracted in general to groups of women with the type you don't find all that attractive. For instance, I'm way more attracted to black women in general than I am to East Asian women, cos I like curvaceousness and often East Asian women are way too skinny and small for me (I don't find really skinny white chicks attractive either). I presumed that was what Dom was driving at (I'm guessing he likes em petite).

Left this thread for a while, as I thought the points raised were rather obvious initially.

The attraction point is very interesting tho'. Surely it centres around the fact that being (sexually) attracted to someone is a pre-cognitive. I feelt he same way as Pearsall in this, in that (generally) I am far more attracted to the fuller figure than to the skinnier type of body, and so, in a very general sense, tend to find black women more attractive than, say, Japanese women. This is not something I can change by thought - it is simply the way it is for me.
But in any non-sexual way, that involves conscious thought, of course I endeavour to make no pre-judgements/distinctions between people of different races. Sexual attraction is often very primal, and therefore different.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Pearsall said:

Very well put, too. And, in GENERAL, black women are fuller in the ass department (God, I'm trying not to make this sound terrible!) than white women ie there is often an appreciable difference that heterosexual men are 'programmed' to take notice of (and either like or not like), whether they feel comfortable with that or not.

labrat

hot on the heels of love
confucius said:

I mean there are many white people I respect, like Gerhardt Richter and Paul Virilio and Evan Parker, etc, and the white people on this forum...
oh dear,oh dear