luka

it interests me that stans background is film school and he comes form a family of artists but he never joins in on the culture threads

luka

he doesnt seem to have any aesthetic sensibility at all or any interest in that entire range of human expression... but hes got some nice pictures hanging on his wall and so on.... very mysterious actually

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
it interests me that stans background is film school and he comes form a family of artists but he never joins in on the culture threads
It feels like I have more to gain from science than from art, presently. Felt that way for a couple years. The screenwriting came naturally to me, and I'm not really interested in doing art unless I think it is somehow pushing a frontier forward. And if that frontier is primarily academic, I'm far less interested now than I was two years ago.

My first word was "art" and my grandmother described me as a genius based on some of my artwork as a child. I find the creation process fulfilling, but I've just been more drawn to science lately.

luka

a lot of talented people end up having a contempt for their gift. that might be what has happened to you.

version

Senator Kamala Harris started her life’s work young. She laughs from her gut, the way you would with family, as she remembers being wheeled through an Oakland, California, civil rights march in a stroller with no straps with her parents and her uncle. At some point, she fell from the stroller (few safety regulations existed for children’s equipment back then), and the adults, caught up in the rapture of protest, just kept on marching. By the time they noticed little Kamala was gone and doubled back, she was understandably upset. “My mother tells the story about how I’m fussing,” Harris says, “and she’s like, ‘Baby, what do you want? What do you need?’ And I just looked at her and I said, ‘Fweedom.’”

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I'm quite serious when I say that I see through emotion, even the most beautiful displays of it I can recall. I can be beyond emotion, and what I see left before me is an infinite roadmap of enlightenment qua insight into the nature of the universe and consciousness.

luka

I'm quite serious when I say that I see through emotion, even the most beautiful displays of it I can recall. I can be beyond emotion, and what I see left before me is an infinite roadmap of enlightenment qua insight into the nature of the universe and consciousness.
everyone here can do that you simpleton

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
All of that said, the tides are liable to shift, and my attention is liable to return to some form of creative expression. I suspect it will involve code.

version

charlie-sheen-abc-news-interview.jpg

luka

I had Barty round last night and he told me his parents have never told him off. Not once. I found that fascinating.

luka

I would assume Stans experience was similar. Nothing but affirmation and positivity. Hard not to feel jealous really.

luka

Never having that experience of being made to feel so small and afraid and useless

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
i dont think art is reducible to emotion but anyway just probing a bit
No I didn't mean to reduce art to emotion, but beyond emotion its largely conceptual, and beyond that it is sublime. I'm already dwelling in that sublime state, why climb through the emotion and concepts?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Which isn't to say I've nothing left to learn worth learning from art, not even nearly. At this point it would feel like going back and filling in the gaps, elucidating the blind spots, etc.