catalog

so these beer experts in the pub yesterday said the reason it's so good is that the bavarians do a proper 30 day steep on their lagr, whereas eg carling is only 8 days. these leads to bigger snap in the taste and stronger hangover on the carling, cos it's basically not fully developed and your body can't take it as easily.

woops

is not like other people
so these beer experts in the pub yesterday said the reason it's so good is that the bavarians do a proper 30 day steep on their lagr, whereas eg carling is only 8 days. these leads to bigger snap in the taste and stronger hangover on the carling, cos it's basically not fully developed and your body can't take it as easily.
right i never heard that. also they have the reinheitsgebot in germany so no unnecessary junk in there. i think we can conclude that augustinier helles is the best beer in the world, not carling which is piss.

catalog

except in the silent woman where it takes on an almost supernatural quality, mainly cos all the other beers taste very watered down.

woops

is not like other people
presumably the carling is watered down as well then which is why it tastes nicer than normal carling, it's trickier to water down a (delicious) bottle (of augustinier helles).

catalog

no the carling there has some extra zing which almost makes it feel german, honest. i had some ossett brewery 'yon' last night on the advice of the beer nerds but it was completely tasteless next to the carling.

catalog

i don't know if i would take you in the silent woman tbh, we would need to have a few elsewhere first cos it could go wrong. unless i also take the dog. they all love the dog.

catalog

no they're ok, they'd appreciate your poems. they are salt of the earth, just a bit grumpy sometimes.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Probably I have mentioned it before but I have a record which is a soundtrack to a musical called Let My People Come - presumably an hilarious reference to the line in the bible when the Israelites want to leave Egypt but Pharaoh aint so keen.

Anyway, I have never seen the actual piece but I think that, as with Hair, the cast were naked. Arguably the stand out track is the one called Come In My Mouth, sadly whoever had the record before me played the shit out of this one so it is kindai worn and even scratched and I believe that it jumps at the part where it crescendos with her sexily begging the listener to spaff "My mouth is a hole, fuck me" I believe are the precise lyrics. Why someone would want to keep rewinding that bit I can't fathom but there it is.