Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
That said, I could also have revelations due that would shatter this expectation, and that would be an even greater possibility.

luka

No I didn't mean to reduce art to emotion, but beyond emotion its largely conceptual, and beyond that it is sublime. I'm already dwelling in that sublime state, why climb through the emotion and concepts?
I can explain this actually but I want to tell you that I like you very much you're a very likeable boy and I hope you understand that I only give you a hard time for your own good, and to make myself laugh but you do need to be knocked out of your self regard from time to time

IdleRich

IdleRich
Seen school of rock again recently, had forgotten how good it was, leaves you tingling all over.
Seen Sing! several times with the kid and it's a pretty annoying kids film but I still get that same involuntary hairs standing on end reaction at the big finale despite myself.

Nightmare before Xmas is amazing.

I used to like Westside Story when I was young but I doubt I could watch it now - I think Sufi's right about stuff like Oliver.

The absolute worst most sickening musical has to be Moulin Rouge though, not that I've seen the full thing but the clips I have are fucking horrendous. Or anything Bollywood, really gross.
Never been able to watch more than about ten minutes of Moulin Rouge, I was geniuinely surprised by how horrendous it was. I didn't think there was anything out there that was simply so bad it was impossible to watch more than a couple of minutes of it, I really thought that if I put my mind to it and held my nose I could probably wade through anything but that disabused me of that idea.

IdleRich

IdleRich
If they do they should stop it this instant
I thought that was the whole reason for its existence (was gonna say raison d'etre but didn't seem right), English National Opera does operas in English to make them accessible to everyone. Though come to think of it I went to ENO one time with a girlfriend and my mum and dad - and mum fell asleep so obviously it didn't work.

william_kent

what about Hair? I've never seen it but it has some counter culture value doesn't it? or it doesn't anymore?

it was a musical written by squares for squares - similar to the bus tours around Haight Ashbury where straights could stare at the hippy freaks

1638943257409.png

recently revived, starring former Hollyoaks stars

always amazes me that Galt McDermott records are crate digging holy grails

catalog

Anyone seen the Diana Ross / mj version of wizard of oz? That's pretty good, I used to really fancy Diana ross

woops

is not like other people
only americans can talk like that without any sense of shame
similar post from zhao somewhere where he recounts how he was ordained as a messiah at birth and john coltrane came back from the dead to write a welcoming anthem for the star child.

william_kent

Some HAIR trivia:

The London show was disrupted by Mick Farren and the UK "white panthers":

When the wretched show first opened we gullibly took the advertised nudity and audience participation as an open invitation to stroll into the auditorium and maybe even play an impromptu part in the proceedings. We discovered the error of our assumptions the first time we tried it, when we were immediately and bodily ejected by the burly commissionaires who hadn’t been told about the dawning of the age of Aquarius.

Give the Anarchist A Cigarette

woops

is not like other people
it was a musical written by squares for squares - similar to the bus tours around Haight Ashbury where straights could stare at the hippy freaks
ah right i;ve read similar stories about french people driving around early 80's new york on a safari looking at the grafitti and hip hop kids.

how do you wear your hair @william_kent viking cut? long and druidicial? big beard and hat?

william_kent

ah right i;ve read similar stories about french people driving around early 80's new york on a safari looking at the grafitti and hip hop kids.

how do you wear your hair @william_kent viking cut? long and druidicial? big beard and hat?

I don't take steroids so no Viking cut for me

number 2 crop except I've no clippers and I haven't been to a barbers since the first lockdown

no beard

catalog

i can't remember @william_kent haircut exactly but i'm sure he has long hair. i can't remember anything about him physically tbh, i'm not even sure he was there. or maybe it was a dark room. and i had too many augustinier helles.