sus

Mvuent can you help readers out a bit more? I've been enjoying but when you say something like there are "2 moments" in a 15 minute John Fahey song that accomplish some sonic effect, and then don't give timestamps, I've gotta listen attentively for 15 minutes to see what you mean! And I may not even spot it or understand! You gotta go easy on us

mvuent

Void Dweller
Mvuent can you help readers out a bit more? I've been enjoying but when you say something like there are "2 moments" in a 15 minute John Fahey song that accomplish some sonic effect, and then don't give timestamps, I've gotta listen attentively for 15 minutes to see what you mean! And I may not even spot it or understand! You gotta go easy on us
i originally included the timestamps but then, in a more obscurantist mood, deleted them

mvuent

Void Dweller
i originally included the timestamps but then, in a more obscurantist mood, deleted them
the moments i was talking about are at 6:21 and 11:17... the sudden jump to a low octave and a weird cadence. almost like a guttural chanting of some kind. i've just always interpreted it as the appearance of the voice referenced in the title, since i first heard it in like 2013. the way there's a build up to the first appearance and the way the music starts building in urgency immediately after the second also suggests that these "utterances" have a lot of significance to the composition.

also worth noting that fahey produced a number of sound collages before and after this (including on a '68 album with that same title, voice of the turtle), which often include both his own guitar playing and all kinds of weird sound effects. so it's not entirely crazy to think the evocation generated in this case might have been intentional.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
“Like Minnesota but far more feral and violent, they don’t even have guns. I witnessed a man urinating through a residential letterbox. In daylight. Savages, all of them, no-one even offered me extra ketchup at McDonalds breakfast, lunch and dinner”

luka

no idea what he made of it but i can tell you he refused to eat, sleep, or shit for the entire duration of his stay. he met woops and barty. he drank twice his bodyweight in alcohol but showed no sign of even mild intoxication. his expression never changed once and the only words he said were 'link wray'. i was uncertain of the context.