what looks better mosques or cathedrals?

mosques or cathedrals?

• mosque

• cathedral

Results are only viewable after voting.

sufi

lala
These London temples are fairly backward though isnt it, either they are old or they are emulating old styles in new builds - they are old religions obvs but no reason they should be like that
they could be modernist and have supercool bubble writing like
1677688933604.png

Attachments

• 1677688933831.png
    1677688933831.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

sufi

lala
These London temples are fairly backward though isnt it, either they are old or they are emulating old styles in new builds - they are old religions obvs but no reason they should be like that
they could be modernist and have supercool bubble writing like
View attachment 14392
the scientologists and latter day saints know how to do a propoer modernist brute of a temple, so does Universal Church of god in Brazil
Universal-Church-of-the-Kingdom-of-God-Sao-Paulo-resize.jpg

oh yeah

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's pronounced 'jammy', so sweet pastries sold by a street vendor outside a Turkish mosque are Cami donuts.

Likewise, if you're the only person who doesn't go to mosque in an otherwise devout Turkish family, they might scorn you as a Cami dodger.
I used to teach a kid called Caner

IdleRich

IdleRich
they could be modernist
There is a weird church in a village near me that I can only describe as deconstructed.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Here is one view

download (2).jpeg

But you need to see it from all sides to see what I mean, for some reason it's split into lots of bits.

From this pic you can see that the "bell tower" is in fact a two dimensional facade placed a few metres in front of the main building.

igreja-paroquial-da-povoa.jpg

But I don't understand why there is a church like that in a sleepy town where it would be considered dangerously radical and a bit, you know, funny (if not actually the work of the Devil) for a man to add milk to his coffee.

Edit; found one more

2017-07-23.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
photos required :)
Those pics I got from Google Image but I'll try and remember to get my own at some point, it's actually already something I intend to do. Problem is I only ever drive through the place to take L for a run, there is nothing there to stop for really.

sufi

lala
Here is one view

View attachment 14395

But you need to see it from all sides to see what I mean, for some reason it's split into lots of bits.

From this pic you can see that the "bell tower" is in fact a two dimensional facade placed a few metres in front of the main building.

View attachment 14396

But I don't understand why there is a church like that in a sleepy town where it would be considered dangerously radical and a bit, you know, funny (if not actually the work of the Devil) for a man to add milk to his coffee.

Edit; found one more

View attachment 14397
looks like a fire station :)

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
something i noticed recently is that in latin america catholicism is out of fashion and this specific type of protestantism is booming. when I first read about that it came like a real shock, I always thought protestantism is way too bleak for latin america. @shakahislop what can you tell about this?