coronavirus detritus

mixed_biscuits

The lockdowns we actually had in the UK were brought in much too late on every occasion (and therefore lasted far longer than they should have), were badly thought out and unnecessarily draconian, and poorly complied with in large part because prominent members of government, up to and including the PM at the time, openly broke their own laws.

I've been saying this for years.
I know you're bad at sciencing but you need to show that an early lockdown would have meant it would be shorter...using actual papers or some sort of logical argument (because afaict that certainly wasn't the case for eg. China, NZ or Aus)

Furthermore, this doesn't address my point at all that you're by no means trying to maximise lives saved

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I know you're bad at sciencing but you need to show that an early lockdown would have meant it would be shorter...using actual papers or some sort of logical argument (because afaict that certainly wasn't the case for eg. China, NZ or Aus)

Furthermore, this doesn't address my point at all that you're by no means trying to maximise lives saved
It's unthinkable to you that when a bad thing is rapidly getting badder, the sooner we can stop it getting badder the sooner the badness might start to go away?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I shouldn't have given a simpleton the option of using their 'logic'. Please use papers instead.
"Please use papers", says man who has ignored every paper ever posted here, and responded with a SubStack post full of unsourced graphs and logical fallacies.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"Look at this IMBECILE, hoodwinked by the 'Do night climb in here or you will definitely die' sign on the side of this electricity substation!"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
@Mr. Tea Why didn't your early lockdown hypothesis play out that way in Australia, New Zealand and China?
New Zealand's death rate has been about a quarter of the UK's, do whatever they did seems to have been fairly effective. Dunno about Australia, although I hadn't heard they had a particularly bad death rate. Low population density helps I'm each case, of course.

China spent weeks at the very start of the outbreak denying anything was happening and jailing doctors who tried to raise the alarm, so I have no idea what relevance you think that has to early lockdowns.

mixed_biscuits

New Zealand's death rate has been about a quarter of the UK's, do whatever they did seems to have been fairly effective. Dunno about Australia, although I hadn't heard they had a particularly bad death rate. Low population density helps I'm each case, of course.

China spent weeks at the very start of the outbreak denying anything was happening and jailing doctors who tried to raise the alarm, so I have no idea what relevance you think that has to early lockdowns.
Your claim was early lockdown = short lockdown