I'M A PRISONER VS DO YOU WANT IT RIGHT NOW

WHICH

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luka

two great songs with fantstic vocallists but one is 'real' while the other was produced algortihimically by the AI machine. which is better?

version

two great songs with fantstic vocallists but one is 'real' while the other was produced algortihimically by the AI machine. which is better?

'Do You Want It Right Now' was probably produced about as close to algorithmically as was possible at the time, to be fair. The AI thing's just the latest development in the music biz assembly line.

luka

i havent voted yet cos i haven made up my mind before i listened back to back i assumed it was taylor easy, but i sounded a bit baggy in comparison.

luka

yeah it is a great song. and no human was engaged in writing it. im certain of it. so you cant say any more that AI cant do art'. you can quibble and say its not real art, but youll still play he song 5 times in a row cos its great.

version

Is that Divine at the end of the Miley vid? I've never seen any John Waters, but it looks like her. Another instance of the avant-garde and underground filtering into the mainstream.

version

Just checked and it is. Apparently it's a clip from Female Trouble.

The video ends with an extraction of John Waters' film Female Trouble, in which Divine's character Dawn Davenport says, "I'm a free woman now and my life is ready to begin".

luka

@Clinamenic vote in our poll or version says hes going to punch your face in. you have to explain why you voted the way you did as well and you cant say just from fear of version punching your teeth in either.

william_kent

Just checked and it is. Apparently it's a clip from Female Trouble.

almost tempted to watch now - "Female Trouble" is definitely in my top 100 film list ( tagline: "crime equals beauty", a sentiment I can get along with, plus features gross out injecting eyeliner "for real" method acting by Divine )

version

I saw the dog shit clip from Pink Flamingos back in the day and never felt like exploring Waters further. Maybe I should.