linebaugh

It reminded me alot of the king of new york. The hip hop element, the zany acting and the feeling that movie is at times barely hanging on to normalcy; the blue lights are swapped for red. Its toned down, but I liked deep cover more as I dont think there were any wasted scenes

DLaurent

Someone To Watch Over Me
Red Rock West
Freeway (88)
Body Double
Cutters Way
Trouble in Mind
American Gigiglo
8 Million Ways To Die
At Close Range
Colors

Some great taste in this thread.

luka

one of the many reasons craner hates version so much is that everyone keeps saying versons got the best taste in film but craner thinks hes got the best taste in film but no one ever says craner has the best taste in film

linebaugh

the aesthetics of the versioncore canon are similar to the craneresque too, thats gotta be especially annoying

version

It reminded me alot of the king of new york. The hip hop element, the zany acting and the feeling that movie is at times barely hanging on to normalcy; the blue lights are swapped for red. Its toned down, but I liked deep cover more as I dont think there were any wasted scenes

Fishburne being paired up with goofy whiteboys really into black people.

craner

Beast of Burden
one of the many reasons craner hates version so much is that everyone keeps saying versons got the best taste in film but craner thinks hes got the best taste in film but no one ever says craner has the best taste in film

I do not think this.

craner

Beast of Burden
I don't think there is such a thing as having "the best taste" and it would be an absurd thing to strive for.

What's interesting is why people like certain things and how they explain it or think about it. From that point of view, the fact that a 'canon' can be assigned to Version is interesting and impressive. I really love Version.