is £25 a lot to pay for a curry?

luka

Edmund is annoyed cos he had to pay £25 for a curry. Chicken tikka massala, poppadoms, naan bread, and a fizzy orange drink. while noe cheap i don't consider this to be exorbitant. it was in one of north londons posher quarters. which of us is right? how much would you expect to pay? table service etc.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Sit down? 25£ is standard ish today

breaking down it seems reasonable but it’s going to be multiples of said amount if you went out with a group of hungry mates

tiers of access but you could score the same for half the amount not so long ago

wild greens

Did you get rice?

I think for a basic "indian" its taking the piss a bit but if you had a posh tablecloth and variety of forks it's probably par for the course now

Even Indian Veg on Chapel Market has put its prices up, i believe

woops

is not like other people

breaking down it seems reasonable but it’s going to be multiples of said amount if you went out with a group of hungry mates

tiers of access but you could score the same for half the amount not so long ago
not long ago at all seems like 2 months ago

luka

theres a place in stratford westfield by the waitrose that is actually pretty good.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
shinegashira.jpg

ReyDevereuxShinEgash
83 reviews
Reviewed 16 February 2019
Excellent tawa
Family meal, all in £23, the grilled lamb chop was a bit dry but it was an all-around great meal - opted for spiced rice instead of chips. Two curries, a selection of bread and grilled meats.

2019. Family possibly means 4 mains with sides £23. say no more

martin

----
Edmund is annoyed cos he had to pay £25 for a curry. Chicken tikka massala, poppadoms, naan bread, and a fizzy orange drink. while noe cheap i don't consider this to be exorbitant. it was in one of north londons posher quarters. which of us is right? how much would you expect to pay? table service etc.
The poppadoms should be complimentary, no? The naan would be, what, £3? The drink... £1.50? Which means, if you take off service, the masala was £15+?? Sounds like Woops got scammed.

Pre-Covid, I used to pop into New Balti in Golders Green (RIP) and get a lamb kata masala, bombay aloo, a garlic naan, mushroom rice, (free) poppadoms and lime pickle for about £25 incl. tips and all. But everything costs a bomb now so maybe that's just the new curry normal. I dunno...I know Coral Bay in Cricklewood hiked its chips prices up in early 2022, blaming Ukraine, but not sure if that was an excuse...

woops

is not like other people
if it had been twenty quid i would of thought oh well cost of living innit but twenty five is a piss take and also Holloway is not a posh areas

craner

Beast of Burden

We paid much more than that at the Shahi Noor on Barry High Street but that's because you unilaterally ordered us the most expensive drinks they had on the menu.

woops

is not like other people
We paid much more than that at the Shahi Noor on Barry High Street but that's because you unilaterally ordered us the most expensive drinks they had on the menu.
be thankful he didn't then Ditch you with the whole bill and laugh about it next day

Slothrop

Tight but Polite

It's annoying because you used to be able to go to a standard curry house and everyone could order pretty much what they liked and you could keep it simple by splitting the bill at the end and it'd be fine because it was cheap anyway. These days if you're just getting a curry, rice and a drink and someone else goes all-in and orders a starter, rice and naan, a curry, a side, a couple of pints and so on then you end up looking a bit sideways at them because in a lot of places that's sticking an extra 20 quid onto an already fairly steep bill.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Grim Britannia @Slothrop , stink eye wont restrain behaviour when you add alcohol and the odd pisstaking slide into gluttony as well as “fuck paying” because = alcohol. If people are talking about doing a runner 3 sheets, it’s definitely time to bail

It's annoying because you used to be able to go to a standard curry house and everyone could order pretty much what they liked and you could keep it simple by splitting the bill at the end and it'd be fine because it was cheap anyway. These days if you're just getting a curry, rice and a drink and someone else goes all-in and orders a starter, rice and naan, a curry, a side, a couple of pints and so on then you end up looking a bit sideways at them because in a lot of places that's sticking an extra 20 quid onto an already fairly steep bill.

How much is a Turkish breakfast around Britain today? Must’ve inflated, so many pressure points currently

@sufi part of your reflection on life pre-pandemic 2019 before/after

sufi

lala
Screenshot from 2024-01-25 17-00-20.png
and 2023
I'm planning to take edmund there but probably not tonight

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-01-25 17-01-06.png
    Screenshot from 2024-01-25 17-01-06.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

sufi

lala
&

£2.50​

£3.25 10.4p each

Offer price £2.50, was £3.25
Offer price £2.50 when you order by 30/08/2022. Offer subject to availability. Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.

Customer reviews (4)​

Sort by:

27 August 2021 by Cust

They\x27ve reduced the size​

They've reduced the size of each weetabix, they are half the depth they used to be-yet the price has remained the same. Total rip off

Was this helpful?
(0)
(1)

02 December 2018 by EJE

Weird taste​

I dont know what has happened to Weetabix lately. The last few boxes have had a strange, almost musty taste and smell. Even my 6 year old noticed it.
Was this helpful?
(0)
(2)

17 January 2018 by annieD

in bits​

Would have got five stars, but every single one was broken, must be throwing them around in the warehouse, normally they are ok
Was this helpful?
(0)
(1)

27 September 2017 by Susie Woo

Still love these​

I've been eating these since I was a little girl and that's a long time and, they still taste good.I can eat them with hot or cold milk and they're very healthy too.
Was this helpful?
(2) (0)
gone up up to £7.99 for 72 = 11.1p per biscuit
or £3.49 for 24 = 14.5p each