is £25 a lot to pay for a curry?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
£25 is reasonable if you get a main, a side, a naan and rice, but I can never eat all of that by myself. So if you're eating with other people you can usually just get a main each and split each side, naan and rice between two. With poppadoms as well (which should be free, but definitely not more than 50p), I find that's generally plenty of food.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Aksular, up green lanes, where me and @sus enjoyed turkish breakfast, recently reopened after a not at all suspicious fire, they do the Kahvalti for £14/person https://aksularpalmersgreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/MAIN-AKSULAR-A3_FLAT-LAND.pdf

Hala down green lanes where i turkished breakfasted with @woops one time are up to £16.75

Menu dribble

&
gone up up to £7.99 for 72 = 11.1p per biscuit
or £3.49 for 24 = 14.5p each

marketed increasingly as ‘per portion‘ across the food industry further muddying exactly what you’re paying for

william_kent

fuck! you lot are getting ripped

banner-1800.jpg

This & That

1706213440838.png

not my favourite but they have a website

there's plenty of "rice and three" curry houses in Manchester and you won't pay more than a tenner

william_kent

1706214108022.png

I like the Daal at this one, I used to go on my lunch break when I worked in town, cost me about £5.50 for half and half Aloo Gobi & Dahl & naan

1706214269233.png

was about seven years ago so prices may have increased since then though

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Are these all from Google Street View or have you just meticulously documented every place you've ever enjoyed a cheap curry from?

william_kent

Are these all from Google Street View or have you just meticulously documented every place you've ever enjoyed a cheap curry from?

these are my recommendations if you are ever in Manchester!

edit: I may have stolen the photos though!

In fact, you can see the former site of Cafe Yadgar in the "Captain America" movie, except they disguised it as a bagel shop and paid the family who owned it enough that they could move around the corner to the site pictured above

I miss the original shop because it was so tiny that when you ordered a nan a hand would appear through a trapdoor in the floor

much like Little Aladdin which turned full on vegan but keeps up the tradition of your roti rising through a trapdoor

1706215065385.png

good Dahl and channa at this one, just around the back of the Arndale market, Boomkat when it was "pelican neck" * was just next door, I used to get my all my dub techno and curry needs satisfied within 15 feet of each other

* although all "neckers" know that Affkecks Palace was the true origin / home of what is now known as "Boomkat" ( check! )

Mr. Naga Pickle

where i live, £15 would get you like a quart of curry, 2 samosas, 3 big naan, rice, a jalebi or maybe some barfi, chai, and a thums up. the dudes at the restaurant would probably offer you cigarettes and talk to you about islam or football. you would learn some new important facts, like who the national poet of bangladesh is (its Kazi Nazrul Islam) and how to tell whether a prostitute is a transsexual or not. why do people even live in london?