is £25 a lot to pay for a curry?

mixed_biscuits

banner-1800.jpg

This & That

View attachment 17412

not my favourite but they have a website

there's plenty of "rice and three" curry houses in Manchester and you won't pay more than a tenner
You're paying for the view

linebaugh

If 25 is counting the naan thats not insane but still pricey. Just the curry you should usually find under 20

IdleRich

IdleRich
Edmund is annoyed cos he had to pay £25 for a curry. Chicken tikka massala, poppadoms, naan bread, and a fizzy orange drink. while noe cheap i don't consider this to be exorbitant. it was in one of north londons posher quarters. which of us is right? how much would you expect to pay? table service etc.

It's a lot of it's the price of a single curry on the menu, but if it's the price of the whole meal - rice, bhajees, naans, papadums, curry, lassi, lager, kulfi etc - it ain't so bad.

shakahislop

where i live, £15 would get you like a quart of curry, 2 samosas, 3 big naan, rice, a jalebi or maybe some barfi, chai, and a thums up. the dudes at the restaurant would probably offer you cigarettes and talk to you about islam or football. you would learn some new important facts, like who the national poet of bangladesh is (its Kazi Nazrul Islam) and how to tell whether a prostitute is a transsexual or not. why do people even live in london?

he lives in chittagong

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
a döner kebab in berlin used to cost something around 3 euro before covid. it's not a healthy meal but it's a big meal and it fills your stomach, i imagine loads of people, among them lots of homeless, survived on them. now they cost around 8 euro. a price increase like that is mental. it's only an illustrative example because basically everything doubled in price.