version

Surprised it hasn't really come up yet. There've been a few mentions, but it's a massive presence irl. Swear people vape more than they ever smoked too. I had a go on a mate's a few years ago and suddenly became aware I'd been doing it every few minutes since being handed the thing. Slipped into the groove without realising.

version

Disposable vapes are to be banned in the UK as part of a drive to protect children’s health, as Prime Minister Rishi Sunak warned that youth vaping could become “endemic”.

Sunak will on Monday also announce new powers to restrict vape flavours and require plain packaging as part of an attempt to make sure the products do not appeal to children.

luka

its a different system. its constantly topping yourself up with tiny amounts rather than an occassional whack

version

Anyone pitched a conspiracy theory about nanobots in the vapour yet? Clouds of tiny machines colonising your body.

Synthetic nanobots don't exist in any meaningful sense, so that would be silly, wouldn't it?

Anyway, everyone knows nicotine is the one smart drug that works, even better than coffee for steely, sparkling cognition. Which is why it has to be banned in all its forms.

woops

is not like other people
there's also heated tobacco on a similar tip. i bought the kit but still smoke roll ups

version

its a different system. its constantly topping yourself up with tiny amounts rather than an occassional whack

Appeals to the gadget accumulation sensibility. Something to customise and tinker with the way you might a pipe, but certainly not a cig. They've managed to combine the cigar enthusiast's taste for flavours with the pipe smoker's object fetishism. A trashy, mass-market mutation of the two strands of smoking hobbyism. You can totally ignore that side of it too and just gorge on the stuff like sweets or sugary drinks. A perfect product.

woops

is not like other people
Appeals to the gadget accumulation sensibility. Something to customise and tinker with the way you might a pipe, but certainly not a cig. They've managed to combine the cigar enthusiast's taste for flavours with the pipe smoker's object fetishism. A trashy, mass-market mutation of the two strands of smoking hobbyism. You can totally ignore that side of it too and just gorge on the stuff like sweets or sugary drinks. A perfect product.
it's true. my mum has a nicotine free one