Frank Frazetta vs Norman Rockwell

Frank vs. Norm

• Total voters

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
your so dumb its brilliant
Having said that, I appreciate the low cunning of calling me a "bald literalist" in an attempt to bait me into saying "I'm not bald, what are you talking about" so you could say "I didn't mean literally bald..." - even if it didn't work.

version

lots of americana in all that lot. masss produced products. cars. diners. etc

Cars were his big thing.

S.F.%2BCadillac%2B-%2B1975.jpg

Reactions: sus

craner

Beast of Burden
I quite like it. It’s the logical conclusion of Jan van Eyck and Flemish still life painting.

Reactions: sus

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think the best painting draws attention to itself as painting. If it looks like a photograph it takes away the point. It's like the best synthesiser music sounds like synthesisers, it doesn't sound exactly like an orchestra.

No photograph would ever look like a Jan Van Eyck painting, unless you treated the shit out of it in Photoshop.

Granted there are examples of painters using camera obscura e.g. Vermeer's view of Delft. Even so I reject this photorealism stuff as heresy and sentence you to burning.

linebaugh

I tattooed someone who was the painter for some famous photorealist. He said the artist would give him some photo he took and a little direction and that was about the extent of his involvement

craner

Beast of Burden
He said the artist would give him some photo he took and a little direction and that was about the extent of his involvement

There's nothing wrong with that, though. That's just like the way the Florentine workshops operated in the sixteenth century, or the Warhol factory.

linebaugh

There's nothing wrong with that, though. That's just like the way the Florentine workshops operated in the sixteenth century, or the Warhol factory.
Not saying theres anything wrong with it, but the practice is a bit more interesting to think about with photorealsim