mixed_biscuits

the weird ass affect there is also part of the regional culture, impossible to explain why they're like this
Sounds pretty normal and is completely comprehensible, in contradistinction to many British accents. You guys just haven't been around long enough to get proper accent diversity.

other_life

bioconfused
i never said it is - it expresses repression by enforcing it as a norm. politeness expresses the same enforced norm. it's dialectical

dilbert1

So @mixed_biscuits disregards Plato and rejects the OED. Great foundations of our Western culture but they mean nothing to him. And thinks he’s milking leftist tears, punishing the care-lords any time he opens his mouth, but really he is a disgrace to classical antiquity, the Enlightenment and bourgeois philosophy and culture. Vast swaths of intellectual history, various records of European excellence are lost on him. All because he thinks ‘dialectics’ is the lynchpin of his psychological demons in the current culture war. He lashes out, adopting a tough but unconvincing exterior as if in some kind of postmodern stunt, like a guinea pig donning an ill-fitting tiger costume.

other_life

bioconfused
(engaging in some anglo style social bullying) I don't think i have ever seen mixed biscuits light on the middle term