other_life

bioconfused
I agree with you about the Russians fwiw. Lots of people here though (though not Third) will identify with the bad guy as a way of pissing off Dad/Joe Biden/Craner. Anything that gets on his titis is de facto good.

damn fr thats crazy. i identify with my class, though

droid

I wonder what the going rate for tea's headspace is? On the one hand, he has a tiny brain, so his infantile obsession doesn't take up much room, objectively speaking. OTOH, he has severely constrained cognitive capacity so, by ratio, his impotent rage is probably monopolising most of his limited ability to think.

mixed_biscuits

my take is that tea is fine. my first impression of him was "anticommunist in a boring and frustrating way" but hes a mycologist. thats endearing as a hobby, its a skill that for me has some mystique around it. his persistence on the board in spite of being a whipping boy is endearing
He's a classic underdog figure.

other_life

bioconfused
im weak willed, i cant even summon too much venom for mixed_biscuits even though we are in basic disagreement about everything because whenever he posts music its good, especially if its hardcore. this has also happened with antisemitic and tiktok radicalised nonce hunter coworkers

other_life

bioconfused
thirdforms anti-anglo / turco-triumphalist / liberal-savaging schtick is just that, a schtick. as far as i can see, his real politics dictate that his concern is for his class and his party in history and in all of the world. that the enlightenment and romanticism both rise to their concept/be able to really mean what they are saying for the first time, ever

other_life

bioconfused
germaphobian and i are at an impasse i think, perhaps i am not accounting enough for the stubbornness of Great Russian chauvinism and expansionism in his corner of the world. but i will probably always take exception to the word 'commie', the reduction of (failed, quixotic) natlib to "proxy war", or dismissing the panthers as soviet agents

other_life

bioconfused
its a sentimentalist and not a marxist position to take, but in my defense anticommunism is a live issue on this side. like personally and professionally dangerous if you dont keep your nose down/are actually trying to make any moves

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I wonder what the going rate for tea's headspace is? On the one hand, he has a tiny brain, so his infantile obsession doesn't take up much room, objectively speaking. OTOH, he has severely constrained cognitive capacity so, by ratio, his impotent rage is probably monopolising most of his limited ability to think.
Aaaaand here you, talking about me.

Again.

droid

lol, yeah, you literally called me out. What do you expect? And since you seem to have forgotten, these snide little asides were also the cause of your meltdown the other day. You simply cant help yourself.

Would you like me to send you a poster or something? Would that help quench your weird, stalkerish obsession?

mixed_biscuits

its a sentimentalist and not a marxist position to take, but in my defense anticommunism is a live issue on this side. like personally and professionally dangerous if you dont keep your nose down/are actually trying to make any moves
I think your paranoia is completely unjustified, but your estimation of the low esteem in which Communism is held is not, not least because there are people on the forum who've lived under Communist systems and can add dour experience to what is generally known.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
germaphobian and i are at an impasse i think, perhaps i am not accounting enough for the stubbornness of Great Russian chauvinism and expansionism in his corner of the world. but i will probably always take exception to the word 'commie', the reduction of (failed, quixotic) natlib to "proxy war", or dismissing the panthers as soviet agents
I'd never heard of the Panthers being supported by the USSR, but a good general rule of thumb is that anything the Americans were doing during the Cold War, the Soviets were doing too, and vice versa.

Someone here says there was an attempt by the KGB (not a very successful one, by the sound of it) to co-opt the Panthers leadership: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Qjjh6BAgOEAE&usg=AOvVaw0EgtHe2IsuMv6O-mg-xHRZ

It's important to bear in mind that this is a lot different from the idea that the BP were set up by the KGB. So any Soviet activity that was intended to support them just to make trouble for the American government doesn't deligitmise them any more than American support for the Mujahideen in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation deligitimises them as an anti-imperialist movement.