mixed_biscuits

germaphobian

I'd never heard of the Panthers being supported by the USSR, but a good general rule of thumb is that anything the Americans were doing during the Cold War, the Soviets were doing too, and vice versa.

Someone here says there was an attempt by the KGB (not a very successful one, by the sound of it) to co-opt the Panthers leadership: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Qjjh6BAgOEAE&usg=AOvVaw0EgtHe2IsuMv6O-mg-xHRZ

It's important to bear in mind that this is a lot different from the idea that the BP were set up by the KGB. So any Soviet activity that was intended to support them just to make trouble for the American government doesn't deligitmise them any more than American support for the Mujahideen in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation deligitimises them as an anti-imperialist movement.

One more thing to consider is that we know fas less about Soviet operations than about the CIA. About CIA there are countless books written, all soft of whistleblowers like Philip Agee and so on. 90% of the KGB stuff is still classified, under a lock somwhere in Moscow, VERY FEW whistleblowers historically

But this is interesting - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitrokhin_Archive

And then stuff like this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Five

germaphobian

Everyone knows about these guys, though. It's one of the most famous espionage cases in world history.

Yeah, I know - what I mean is that there was probably much more of that kind of thing going on and that we still know next to nothing about it. It's just that these particular guys were too reckless and operated on too high of a level, that's why they got caught.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, I know - what I mean is that there was probably much more of that kind of thing going on and that we still know next to nothing about it.

No doubt there were some high-level spies who were never caught, but the idea that they were 'everywhere' sounds like the kind of paranoia that led to McCarthyism, where you had loads of people with left-wing values who lost their jobs or were even imprisoned for being 'Soviet agents' when in reality they had no connections to the USSR at all (and in some cases may even have been critical of it).

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I sometimes wonder what thirdform thinks of the Jews. Always lots to say about “the anglos”, but he’s uncharacteristically quiet on that topic.

they're alright. we get rid of the anglo-americans and their evangelical culture warrior numpties and the Jews can return to their rightfully elevated place of being our bes allies and intellectual cousins. ☪️☪️☪️✡️✡️✡️

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
thirdforms anti-anglo / turco-triumphalist / liberal-savaging schtick is just that, a schtick. as far as i can see, his real politics dictate that his concern is for his class and his party in history and in all of the world. that the enlightenment and romanticism both rise to their concept/be able to really mean what they are saying for the first time, ever

you're right that it is a polemical shtick, though as can be seen on this forum, people like germaphobian are frightened about the islamisation of Europe, so much so as it is me shitposting, it's also hinting a very real development already under way.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
they're alright. we get rid of the anglo-americans and their evangelical culture warrior numpties and the Jews can return to their rightfully elevated place of being our bes allies and intellectual cousins. ☪️☪️☪️✡️✡️✡️
A worthy aim, although given current events, I'd say you've got your work cut out for you.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
A worthy aim, although given current events, I'd say you've got your work cut out for you.

On the surface yes but brexit is ticking away nicely and the UK is a great Turkish ally. Now we just need to make the government entirely Jewish. Not sure if the tories will like that. :/

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Labour certainly wouldn't!

israel = england, so they don't have much choice either way.

If zionists advocated for the israelisation of England I'd be the biggest zionist in the world. alas they got too dooped by the idea of christian civilisation. mainly because the original zionists were highly assimilated middle and upper class Jews who identified with Europa.

or alternatively one could say England is Israel for protestants, which is another reason why England should be Israelised. You deserve it!

no reformism no reconstructionism no protestantism in islam! Even salafism is a bad comparison.